Earl Reed Stott, beloved husband, father, and grandfather, age 75, passed away Thursday, June 4, 1998 in Bountiful, Utah after a courageous battle, maintaining his wonderful sense of humor and compassion for others until the very end.
Born December 29, 1922 in Fillmore, Utah to Franklin Earl Stott and Ida S. Fisher. He was married to Barbara Kinnan on April 3, 1954 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The marriage was later solemnized in the Los Angeles Temple, November 17, 1966. He served overseas during World War II. He graduated from the University of Southern California and worked with the Bank of America for eight years. Beginning in 1954, he worked with Hadley Auto Transport Co. for 17 years. He moved to Utah in 1971, with Bailey's Moving & Storage until his retirement in l987. He loved the outdoors and especially hunting, fishing, and playing tennis. He was an active member of the LDS Church. He served in Elders Quorum Presidency, as Priest Quorum Adviser, Young Men's President, High Councilman, Gospel Doctrine Teacher, in the Sunday School presidency, High Priest Group Leadership, Salt Lake City Temple as worker, and as Home Teacher.He is survived by his wife, Barbara; sons, Ron (Patti) Stott, Logan, Utah; Robert (Phyllis) Stott, Sulphur, Louisiana; daughter, Karen Stott, Salt Lake City; grandchildren, Silas, Zachary, Amber, and Brett, of Logan, Utah; Matthew and Annamarie, of Sulphur, Louisiana; sisters, Reeta Hodges and Ruth (Harold) Colvin, of Provo, Utah; brother, Melvin (Lela) Stott, of Provo, Utah; numerous nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his father; mother; and sister, Vera Sharp.
Sincerest thanks to Dr. Sam Wilson, Dr. Jan Freeman and the 3rd floor and ICU nursing staffs and aides of Lakeview Hospital and the Creekside aide staff over the last six years and his personal nurse, Cheryl Healy.
Funeral service will be held Monday, June 8 at 11 a.m. at the Bountiful 53rd Ward, 1356 No. 650 East, where friends may call from 9:45-10:45 a.m. Viewing will be held on Sunday, June 7 at the Russon Brothers Bountiful Mortuary from 6-8 p.m. Burial at Bountiful City Cemetery.
T 6/6 N 6/7
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20