Phil Hartman's young orphaned children gathered with family at a cemetery chapel where the comic and his wife were eulogized.
Thursday's ceremony, attended by 9-year-old Sean Edward Hartman and 6-year-old Birgen Anika Hartman, was private and family spokesman Stan Rosenfield didn't disclose details.Police said Hartman, who won fame with his impressions on "Saturday Night Live" and was a cast member on NBC's "NewsRadio," was shot and killed last week by his wife, Brynn, who later committed suicide. No note was found, and police have not said whether they know of a motive.
The Hartmans' bodies were cremated earlier and the family planned to scatter the ashes off Santa Catalina Island. The children will move to Wisconsin to live with Brynn Hartman's sister and her husband.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13