Phil Hartman's young orphaned children gathered with family at a cemetery chapel where the comic and his wife were eulogized.
Thursday's ceremony, attended by 9-year-old Sean Edward Hartman and 6-year-old Birgen Anika Hartman, was private and family spokesman Stan Rosenfield didn't disclose details.Police said Hartman, who won fame with his impressions on "Saturday Night Live" and was a cast member on NBC's "NewsRadio," was shot and killed last week by his wife, Brynn, who later committed suicide. No note was found, and police have not said whether they know of a motive.
The Hartmans' bodies were cremated earlier and the family planned to scatter the ashes off Santa Catalina Island. The children will move to Wisconsin to live with Brynn Hartman's sister and her husband.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- Bingham High students walk out over... 53
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 22
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18