Len Sterling Westergard, 44, died Sunday, May 31, 1998 in Ogden from cancer.
He was born October 25, 1953 in Ogden, Utah, a son of Frank C. and Emeretta Nielsen Westergard. Len lived in Farr West most of his life.He married Claudia Beyer on September 25, 1980. They were later divorced. He married Diane Talbot on May 9, 1986 in the Ogden LDS Temple.
In 1971 he graduated from Weber High School. He attended Weber State University and Henagers Business College receiving the King Award as the outstanding accounting graduate of 1978. He was Controller for Freeway Heating and Plumbing and was self employed as a CPA in the Ogden area.
Len was an Eagle Scout. He served as Treasurer for Farr West City from 1986 to 1993 and as a member of the Weber Fire District Board. He was currently serving as a member of the Planning Commission.
He served an LDS mission to the Spanish speaking Oakland, California Mission. He was a high priest and had been a councilor in the bishopric of the Ogden 4th Ward. He was currently a member of the Farr West 6th Ward and held many positions there.
Len was known for his honesty, integrity, and a strong desire to do what was right.
He was a great Dad and loved his wife and family very much. They enjoyed hunting, fishing and snowmobiling to their cabin. He took his family on many trips to Lake Powell and camping in the mountains which he loved.
Len is survived by his wife, Diane; and children, Len Christian of Bountiful; Briana and Andrew James of Farr West. He is also survived by his mother; sister, Lurlene; and three brothers, Gerlynn (Vurlia), Delwyn (Pauline), Farr West; and Max (Marcell) of Roy.
Funeral services will be conducted by Bishop Chris Westergard, Thursday, June 4th, 1998 at 1 p.m. at the Farr West 6th Ward Chapel, 2123 No. 2000 W., Farr West. A viewing will be held at the church for friends and family who may call Wesnesday, 6-8 p.m. and Thursday 12 noon to 12:45 p.m. Arrangements are under the direction of Myers Mortuary. Interment, Washington Heights Memorial Park.
The family wishes to thank the many doctors and staff for the loving care rendered to Len.
N 6/2 N 6/2
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Tanker crash sends oil into Provo River as...
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest public...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Report: Utah home to 'most impressive'...
- Traditions old and new celebrated as Temple...
- Local cowboys: A new foursome for the...
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he... 36
- Feds: Utah companies accused of... 26
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest... 15
- Man steals woman's boarding pass,... 13
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 10
- Utah liquor consumption is up, but... 8
- Tanker crash sends oil into Provo River... 6