Len Sterling Westergard, 44, died Sunday, May 31, 1998 in Ogden from cancer.
He was born October 25, 1953 in Ogden, Utah, a son of Frank C. and Emeretta Nielsen Westergard. Len lived in Farr West most of his life.He married Claudia Beyer on September 25, 1980. They were later divorced. He married Diane Talbot on May 9, 1986 in the Ogden LDS Temple.
In 1971 he graduated from Weber High School. He attended Weber State University and Henagers Business College receiving the King Award as the outstanding accounting graduate of 1978. He was Controller for Freeway Heating and Plumbing and was self employed as a CPA in the Ogden area.
Len was an Eagle Scout. He served as Treasurer for Farr West City from 1986 to 1993 and as a member of the Weber Fire District Board. He was currently serving as a member of the Planning Commission.
He served an LDS mission to the Spanish speaking Oakland, California Mission. He was a high priest and had been a councilor in the bishopric of the Ogden 4th Ward. He was currently a member of the Farr West 6th Ward and held many positions there.
Len was known for his honesty, integrity, and a strong desire to do what was right.
He was a great Dad and loved his wife and family very much. They enjoyed hunting, fishing and snowmobiling to their cabin. He took his family on many trips to Lake Powell and camping in the mountains which he loved.
Len is survived by his wife, Diane; and children, Len Christian of Bountiful; Briana and Andrew James of Farr West. He is also survived by his mother; sister, Lurlene; and three brothers, Gerlynn (Vurlia), Delwyn (Pauline), Farr West; and Max (Marcell) of Roy.
Funeral services will be conducted by Bishop Chris Westergard, Thursday, June 4th, 1998 at 1 p.m. at the Farr West 6th Ward Chapel, 2123 No. 2000 W., Farr West. A viewing will be held at the church for friends and family who may call Wesnesday, 6-8 p.m. and Thursday 12 noon to 12:45 p.m. Arrangements are under the direction of Myers Mortuary. Interment, Washington Heights Memorial Park.
The family wishes to thank the many doctors and staff for the loving care rendered to Len.
N 6/2 N 6/2
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Four being questioned in attempted murder of...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 95
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 20
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 14
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal... 11