Knaack Manufacturing Co. has purchased the assets of Rohr Manufacturing Group Inc. and Ram Power Equipment Co., both of Rockford, Ill.
Knaack has manufacturing facilities here and in Crystal Lake, Ill., where the company makes job site and industrial storage equipment and pickup truck and van equipment. The purchase won't affect the Knaack operations in Payson or in Crystal Lake, said company president Robert Ripley.Rohr's name was changed to Capsa Corp. Inc. It makes industrial storage equipment, but Ripley said the customer base is different from its Knaack operation.
Ram makes a log-splitter, a stump grinder and chipper and a concrete hammer.
Knaack employs about 550 workers in its Crystal Lake plant and 50 in Payson, seen as geographically strategic to its marketing efforts.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 40
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29