Knaack Manufacturing Co. has purchased the assets of Rohr Manufacturing Group Inc. and Ram Power Equipment Co., both of Rockford, Ill.
Knaack has manufacturing facilities here and in Crystal Lake, Ill., where the company makes job site and industrial storage equipment and pickup truck and van equipment. The purchase won't affect the Knaack operations in Payson or in Crystal Lake, said company president Robert Ripley.Rohr's name was changed to Capsa Corp. Inc. It makes industrial storage equipment, but Ripley said the customer base is different from its Knaack operation.
Ram makes a log-splitter, a stump grinder and chipper and a concrete hammer.
Knaack employs about 550 workers in its Crystal Lake plant and 50 in Payson, seen as geographically strategic to its marketing efforts.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9