Knaack Manufacturing Co. has purchased the assets of Rohr Manufacturing Group Inc. and Ram Power Equipment Co., both of Rockford, Ill.
Knaack has manufacturing facilities here and in Crystal Lake, Ill., where the company makes job site and industrial storage equipment and pickup truck and van equipment. The purchase won't affect the Knaack operations in Payson or in Crystal Lake, said company president Robert Ripley.Rohr's name was changed to Capsa Corp. Inc. It makes industrial storage equipment, but Ripley said the customer base is different from its Knaack operation.
Ram makes a log-splitter, a stump grinder and chipper and a concrete hammer.
Knaack employs about 550 workers in its Crystal Lake plant and 50 in Payson, seen as geographically strategic to its marketing efforts.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10