Knaack Manufacturing Co. has purchased the assets of Rohr Manufacturing Group Inc. and Ram Power Equipment Co., both of Rockford, Ill.
Knaack has manufacturing facilities here and in Crystal Lake, Ill., where the company makes job site and industrial storage equipment and pickup truck and van equipment. The purchase won't affect the Knaack operations in Payson or in Crystal Lake, said company president Robert Ripley.Rohr's name was changed to Capsa Corp. Inc. It makes industrial storage equipment, but Ripley said the customer base is different from its Knaack operation.
Ram makes a log-splitter, a stump grinder and chipper and a concrete hammer.
Knaack employs about 550 workers in its Crystal Lake plant and 50 in Payson, seen as geographically strategic to its marketing efforts.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 23
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14