Marjorie Cannon Pingree died March 26, 1998. She was 94 years old.
Mrs. Pingree was born in Salt Lake City, Utah on October 20, 1903, one of six children of Mary Alice Cannon and Lewis M. Cannon. She attended Salt Lake City elementary schools and LDS High School. She was educated at Iowa State University and the University of Utah, from which she graduated with a B.S. degree in education. She taught for several years at Riverside Elementary School in Salt Lake City. A faithful member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Mrs. Pingree served on the General Board of the Relief Society and as a Relief Society, MIA and Primary president in the Ensigh Ward. Mrs. Pingree was a member of Chi Omega Sorority, Authors' Club, Cleophan, Fine Arts Club, Sewing Club, Chatabouts and Ensigh Club. She served as president of both Chi Omega and Pi Kappa Alpha mothers' clubs. She traveled extensively and visited many countries. She excelled as a homemaker and seamstress. She married J. Fred Pingree in the Salt Lake Temple on August 30, 1927. He died in 1965.Mrs. Pingree is survived by one daughter and three sons: Patricia P. Romney (Vernon B. Romney) now serving as a missionary in the West Virginia Charleston Mission; J. Frederick Pingree (Phyllis Burbidge), of Salt Lake City; Dr. George C. Pingree (Anne Clark), now serving as President of the Nigeria Port Harcourt Mission; and John. C. Pingree (Carmen Boyden), of Salt Lake City. She has 22 grandchildren and 31 great-grandchildren. A brother, Alan M. Cannon, resides in Shelley, Idaho.
Funeral services will be held at the Grant 4th LDS Ward, 1111 E. Charlton Ave (2800 South), 1:00 p.m. on Saturday March 28, 1998. Friends may call Friday evening from 6-8 p.m. at Larkin Mortuary, 260 East South Temple and one hour prior to services at the ward. She will be buried in the Salt Lake City Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers contribution may be made to the Autism Society of Utah, 668 south 1300 East, SLC, 84102.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16