Senior linebacker headlined a much-improved UNC defense, which gave up just 378 yards. He recovered two fumbles and had 10 tackles.
Play of the game
With North Carolina holding a 17-14 lead late in the third quarter, Eric Weddle intercepts a pass and returns it 37 yards for a touchdown. The play, however, is nullified by a roughing the passer call. The Tar Heels then march downfield for a score of their own.
Starting running back Quinton Ganther, Utah's leading rusher, is benched for the first three series for an undisclosed "Internal" reason. The Utes wind up with just 1 yard of total offense without Ganther, punting after three plays on all three drives.
Two things that hurt us the (five) turnovers and letting them have a kickoff return (for a TD) on the opening play of the game. That's ridiculous. That should never happen." Kyle Whittingham, Utah head coach
AT COLORADO STATE
Where: Fort Collins, Colo.
Update: Colorado State (2-2, 1-0) defeated Air Force on Thursday 41-23 to open up Mountain West Conference play with a victory.
- Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 4: Ranking the...
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Branden Bowen commits...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- Ute coach Kyle Whittingham congratulates...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Knuckleheads with...
- Former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta's season is...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 163
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 112
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 82
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads... 28