Senior linebacker headlined a much-improved UNC defense, which gave up just 378 yards. He recovered two fumbles and had 10 tackles.
Play of the game
With North Carolina holding a 17-14 lead late in the third quarter, Eric Weddle intercepts a pass and returns it 37 yards for a touchdown. The play, however, is nullified by a roughing the passer call. The Tar Heels then march downfield for a score of their own.
Starting running back Quinton Ganther, Utah's leading rusher, is benched for the first three series for an undisclosed "Internal" reason. The Utes wind up with just 1 yard of total offense without Ganther, punting after three plays on all three drives.
Two things that hurt us the (five) turnovers and letting them have a kickoff return (for a TD) on the opening play of the game. That's ridiculous. That should never happen." Kyle Whittingham, Utah head coach
AT COLORADO STATE
Where: Fort Collins, Colo.
Update: Colorado State (2-2, 1-0) defeated Air Force on Thursday 41-23 to open up Mountain West Conference play with a victory.
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- Former Lone Peak center Justin Hamilton makes...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- 15 lessons learned from a BYU rugby game
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- Photo story: What teenagers taught me at the...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 72
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 57
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 44
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26