Brigham Young University's Institute of Public Management has been renamed the George W. Romney Institute of Public Management, following a substantial gift from the Romney family to BYU.
"I am certain that my father would be pleased to have his name associated with BYU's fine Institute of Public Management," said W. Mitt Romney, son of the former Michigan governor. "The Romney family is delighted to assist with the institute's educational mission to prepare bright, new leaders for public service."With this gift, the Romney Institute, which is housed in the Marriott School of Management, will increase BYU's emphasis on public service and not-for-profit management.
On Feb. 6, W. Mitt Romney presented the school with $1 million toward a $3 million endowment designed to help fund the 30-year-old institute. Other family members and friends, including Lenore Romney, widow of George Romney, will contribute another $1 million.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Fight Like Girls group helps women battle...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 37
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 16