Funeral services will be Monday, Aug. 28, 1989, for Parker Otto Ackley, 86, an author of gunsmithing books and a local gun shop owner.
Ackley died Wednesday, Aug. 23, 1989, of natural causes.Ackley, one of the founders of the Trinidad State Junior College School of Gunsmithing, Trinidad, Colo., moved to the Holladay area in 1951 and opened a gun shop behind his house.
He was the author of gunsmithing and hand-loading books and a magazine columnist. He was prominent for his work on wildcat cartridges and custom rifle barrels.
Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Larkin Sunset Lawn, 2350 E. 1300 South. Friends may call one hour prior to the service.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 11
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 11