Funeral services will be Monday, Aug. 28, 1989, for Parker Otto Ackley, 86, an author of gunsmithing books and a local gun shop owner.
Ackley died Wednesday, Aug. 23, 1989, of natural causes.Ackley, one of the founders of the Trinidad State Junior College School of Gunsmithing, Trinidad, Colo., moved to the Holladay area in 1951 and opened a gun shop behind his house.
He was the author of gunsmithing and hand-loading books and a magazine columnist. He was prominent for his work on wildcat cartridges and custom rifle barrels.
Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Larkin Sunset Lawn, 2350 E. 1300 South. Friends may call one hour prior to the service.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Former A.G. John Swallow left office with...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 86
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 30
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 24
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18