Funeral services will be Monday, Aug. 28, 1989, for Parker Otto Ackley, 86, an author of gunsmithing books and a local gun shop owner.
Ackley died Wednesday, Aug. 23, 1989, of natural causes.Ackley, one of the founders of the Trinidad State Junior College School of Gunsmithing, Trinidad, Colo., moved to the Holladay area in 1951 and opened a gun shop behind his house.
He was the author of gunsmithing and hand-loading books and a magazine columnist. He was prominent for his work on wildcat cartridges and custom rifle barrels.
Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Larkin Sunset Lawn, 2350 E. 1300 South. Friends may call one hour prior to the service.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10