Harry B. Roby returned to his Heavenly Father February 1, 1998.
He was born in Salt Lake City, Utah on May 16, 1912, son of John Lacey and Matilda Staniforth Roby (later Mrs. Harvey H. Cluff). He married Romania Young on May 7, 1938 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. He loved and was devoted to his God, family and country. He was a decorated Submarine Veteran of World War II, a member of the Pearl Harbor Survivors Assn., and Submarine Veterans of World War II Assn. He was a noted hospital administrator throughout Utah, California and Oregon.He is survived by his loving wife of 59 years and their three sons: Douglas Y. (Candyce Copper) Roby, Tualatin, Oregon; Carlos Y. (Jini Lyman) Roby, Orem; and Thomas Y. (Janice Anita Wade) Roby, Layton; and 10 grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held at 12 noon Wednesday, February 4, 1998 in the Valley View 9th Ward, 4101 S. 1925 E., Holladay, Utah. Friends may call from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday at Wasatch Lawn Mortuary, 3401 S. Highland Dr., and at the Church 10:45-11:45 a.m. Wednesday prior to services. Interment Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park.
T 2/3 N 2/3
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Blunt force trauma caused S. Carolina woman's...
- Police: Woman found near Goshen died of...
- Man dies after allegedly ignoring police and...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 85
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9