Harry B. Roby returned to his Heavenly Father February 1, 1998.
He was born in Salt Lake City, Utah on May 16, 1912, son of John Lacey and Matilda Staniforth Roby (later Mrs. Harvey H. Cluff). He married Romania Young on May 7, 1938 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. He loved and was devoted to his God, family and country. He was a decorated Submarine Veteran of World War II, a member of the Pearl Harbor Survivors Assn., and Submarine Veterans of World War II Assn. He was a noted hospital administrator throughout Utah, California and Oregon.He is survived by his loving wife of 59 years and their three sons: Douglas Y. (Candyce Copper) Roby, Tualatin, Oregon; Carlos Y. (Jini Lyman) Roby, Orem; and Thomas Y. (Janice Anita Wade) Roby, Layton; and 10 grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held at 12 noon Wednesday, February 4, 1998 in the Valley View 9th Ward, 4101 S. 1925 E., Holladay, Utah. Friends may call from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday at Wasatch Lawn Mortuary, 3401 S. Highland Dr., and at the Church 10:45-11:45 a.m. Wednesday prior to services. Interment Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park.
T 2/3 N 2/3
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Bingham High students walk out over... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 17