Harry B. Roby returned to his Heavenly Father February 1, 1998.
He was born in Salt Lake City, Utah on May 16, 1912, son of John Lacey and Matilda Staniforth Roby (later Mrs. Harvey H. Cluff). He married Romania Young on May 7, 1938 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. He loved and was devoted to his God, family and country. He was a decorated Submarine Veteran of World War II, a member of the Pearl Harbor Survivors Assn., and Submarine Veterans of World War II Assn. He was a noted hospital administrator throughout Utah, California and Oregon.He is survived by his loving wife of 59 years and their three sons: Douglas Y. (Candyce Copper) Roby, Tualatin, Oregon; Carlos Y. (Jini Lyman) Roby, Orem; and Thomas Y. (Janice Anita Wade) Roby, Layton; and 10 grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held at 12 noon Wednesday, February 4, 1998 in the Valley View 9th Ward, 4101 S. 1925 E., Holladay, Utah. Friends may call from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday at Wasatch Lawn Mortuary, 3401 S. Highland Dr., and at the Church 10:45-11:45 a.m. Wednesday prior to services. Interment Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park.
T 2/3 N 2/3
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12