Harry B. Roby returned to his Heavenly Father February 1, 1998.
He was born in Salt Lake City, Utah on May 16, 1912, son of John Lacey and Matilda Staniforth Roby (later Mrs. Harvey H. Cluff). He married Romania Young on May 7, 1938 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. He loved and was devoted to his God, family and country. He was a decorated Submarine Veteran of World War II, a member of the Pearl Harbor Survivors Assn., and Submarine Veterans of World War II Assn. He was a noted hospital administrator throughout Utah, California and Oregon.He is survived by his loving wife of 59 years and their three sons: Douglas Y. (Candyce Copper) Roby, Tualatin, Oregon; Carlos Y. (Jini Lyman) Roby, Orem; and Thomas Y. (Janice Anita Wade) Roby, Layton; and 10 grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held at 12 noon Wednesday, February 4, 1998 in the Valley View 9th Ward, 4101 S. 1925 E., Holladay, Utah. Friends may call from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday at Wasatch Lawn Mortuary, 3401 S. Highland Dr., and at the Church 10:45-11:45 a.m. Wednesday prior to services. Interment Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park.
T 2/3 N 2/3
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17