1960s Community leaders begin plans for the "West Davis Highway."
1995 Utah Legislature gives $500,000 to study plans.
1996 Gov. Mike Leavitt announces plans for 120-mile-long "Legacy Highway" to extend from Ogden to Nephi.
1997 Environmental studies begin for Legacy/West Davis Highway.
1998 Name of West Davis Highway changed to Legacy Parkway, a 14-mile segment from North Salt Lake to Farmington.
October 1998 Draft environmental study for Legacy Parkway released.
July 2000 Final environmental study for Legacy Parkway released.
Jan. 9, 2001 Federal approvals received to build Legacy.
Jan. 17, 2001 Lawsuits filed in district court by Utahns for Better Transportation, Salt Lake City Mayor Rocky Anderson and the Sierra Club.
Aug. 1, 2001 Earth-moving construction begins on Legacy; lawsuits dismissed.
Nov. 16, 2001 10th Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver issues injunction after plaintiffs appeal.
Sept. 16, 2002 Court of Appeals asks for more study of environmental impacts.
Nov. 20, 2002 Work begins on supplemental environmental study of Legacy.
Dec. 3, 2004 Draft study released for public comment.
January 2005 UDOT and plaintiffs, including the Sierra Club and Utahns for Better Transportation, begin negotiations that may allow for construction.
March 2005 Work begins on final environmental study.
July 2005 Possible settlement reached; legislative committee created to renegotiate.Sept. 21, 2005 Legislators approve "agreement in principle" between the state and plaintiffs. Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. signs agreement.
October A special session of the Legislature will be called to approve or reject legislation on the settlement.
November Final supplemental environmental study to be released on Legacy.
December/January Goal to receive federal approval to construct Legacy.
Spring 2006 Construction slated to begin.
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Alleged sexual abuser on the run for 17 years...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt status...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- No vacancy: SUU scrambling to house largest...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 303
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 109
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 68
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 46
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 46
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 36