1960s Community leaders begin plans for the "West Davis Highway."
1995 Utah Legislature gives $500,000 to study plans.
1996 Gov. Mike Leavitt announces plans for 120-mile-long "Legacy Highway" to extend from Ogden to Nephi.
1997 Environmental studies begin for Legacy/West Davis Highway.
1998 Name of West Davis Highway changed to Legacy Parkway, a 14-mile segment from North Salt Lake to Farmington.
October 1998 Draft environmental study for Legacy Parkway released.
July 2000 Final environmental study for Legacy Parkway released.
Jan. 9, 2001 Federal approvals received to build Legacy.
Jan. 17, 2001 Lawsuits filed in district court by Utahns for Better Transportation, Salt Lake City Mayor Rocky Anderson and the Sierra Club.
Aug. 1, 2001 Earth-moving construction begins on Legacy; lawsuits dismissed.
Nov. 16, 2001 10th Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver issues injunction after plaintiffs appeal.
Sept. 16, 2002 Court of Appeals asks for more study of environmental impacts.
Nov. 20, 2002 Work begins on supplemental environmental study of Legacy.
Dec. 3, 2004 Draft study released for public comment.
January 2005 UDOT and plaintiffs, including the Sierra Club and Utahns for Better Transportation, begin negotiations that may allow for construction.
March 2005 Work begins on final environmental study.
July 2005 Possible settlement reached; legislative committee created to renegotiate.Sept. 21, 2005 Legislators approve "agreement in principle" between the state and plaintiffs. Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. signs agreement.
October A special session of the Legislature will be called to approve or reject legislation on the settlement.
November Final supplemental environmental study to be released on Legacy.
December/January Goal to receive federal approval to construct Legacy.
Spring 2006 Construction slated to begin.
- 3 officers file sex harassment lawsuit...
- Mom whose unbuckled child died was cited for...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- BYU homework system crashes, stressing out...
- President Uchtdorf to preside at Clark...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 87
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 55
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 46
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- 3 officers file sex harassment lawsuit... 14
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden... 12