The U.S. Postal Service's Salt Lake City Remote Encoding Center will move to a new location by late September.
The 74,000-square-foot facility at 1275 S. 4800 West compares with the current 28,000-square-foot facility at 254 N. 2200 West. The current staff of 710 will grow to 1,300 by year-end.
The Postal Service has received assistance on the project from the Economic Development Corp. of Utah on behalf of Salt Lake City and Salt Lake County.
- Fewer breezes led to less wind power... 11
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson could... 8
- Gov. Herbert met with lobbyists to ask... 6
- US economy struggles at start of... 3
- Democratic A.G. candidate says Reyes... 3
- FBI says it won't disclose how it... 2
- How much did people spend on cars the... 2
- US consumer confidence slips in April 1