The U.S. Postal Service's Salt Lake City Remote Encoding Center will move to a new location by late September.
The 74,000-square-foot facility at 1275 S. 4800 West compares with the current 28,000-square-foot facility at 254 N. 2200 West. The current staff of 710 will grow to 1,300 by year-end.
The Postal Service has received assistance on the project from the Economic Development Corp. of Utah on behalf of Salt Lake City and Salt Lake County.
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why most...
- Our complete guide to Black Friday, Cyber...
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull options
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals
- Review: 'Smash Bros.' makes brutality adorable
- Dave Ramsey says: Saving for education trumps...
- Why the ugly sweater business is booming
- Why 'Shark Tank' investor Barbara Corcoran...
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 13
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- White House: Immigration steps would... 7
- Ford's new F-150 to get 26 mpg, tops... 4
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull... 4
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 3
- The unstoppable powerhouse of Disney's... 1
- The best time of year to buy (Hint:... 1