Jazz players will thank the community for its support by participating in a variety of activities throughout the area today.
Raja Bell, Carlos Boozer, Jarron Collins and Ben Handlogten will ride Trax from the Delta Center to Franklin Covey Field, where the Salt Lake Stingers play tonight. That group will leave at 5:32 p.m. and arrives at 5:46 p.m. A second group of four Matt Harpring, Kris Humphries, Andrei Kirilenko and Mehmet Okur will catch the 5:47 p.m. train.
Fans are encouraged "to ride the train with the players," the team said in a news release.
Those players will also be distributing free tickets for the Jazz's final home game, Monday night vs. Sacramento at the Delta Center. After mingling with fans inside and outside the park, they will throw out ceremonial first pitches at 6:25 p.m.Also today, Curtis Borchardt and Howard Eisley will visit the Murray Boys and Girl Club; Gordan Giricek and Kirk Snyder will visit the Salt Lake Boys and Girls Club; and Keith McLeod and Randy Livingston will visit the YWCA's Domestic Violence Shelter in Salt Lake City to present a $3,500 check from Larry H. Miller Charities, distribute blankets and shoot some baskets.
TOP 20: USA Today newspaper has ranked the Delta Center No. 20 in fan-friendliness among the NBA's 29 arenas scoring above average (4 on a scale of 1-to-6) in fan involvement and concessions, but not-quite-average (2.9 on the same scale) for seat value and comfort.Denver's Pepsi Center took high honors, and Continental Airlines Arena in New Jersey ranked last.
MOVIN' ON UP: With Wednesday's 93-91 win over San Antonio, Jazz coach Jerry Sloan moved to within three victories of tying Bill Fitch for fifth place on the NBA's all-time regular-season coaching wins list.
MISC.: Borchardt, who exited Tuesday's game against the Los Angeles Clippers in the first half, sat out again Wednesday due to tendinitis in his right knee. . . . As expected, Bell (bruised right shin) missed his eighth straight game. He may be available for Friday's meeting with Minnesota. . . . Former Jazz star and current Nuggets assistant coach Adrian Dantley scouted Wednesday's Jazz-Spurs game at the Delta Center in anticipation of a potential Denver-San Antonio first-round playoff matchup.
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 87
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 49
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 27
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8