NAME: Dave Rose
COLLEGE: Houston (1983)
PERSONAL: Married to the former Cheryl Lang. They have three children (Chanell, Garrett and Taylor) and one granddaughter. . . . Served an LDS Church mission to Manchester, England.
COACHING CAREER: Has 22 years of coaching experience, 10 as a head coach and 12 as an assistant.
BYU, associate head coach (eight years): Along with then-head coach Steve Cleveland, turned around a program that was 1-25 in 1996-97. . . . Helped the Cougars to four 20-win seasons and three NCAA tournament appearances. . . . Worked as the team's defensive coordinator and coached post players. . . . Worked as BYU's recruiting coordinator.
Dixie College, head coach (seven years): Was 167-57 over seven seasons. . . . Won three conference championships. . . . Selected as SWAC coach of the year in 1993.
Also: Dixie College, assistant coach (four years); Millard High, head coach (three years).
PLAYING CAREER: Began college career at Dixie College (first-team all-league in both basketball and baseball). . . . Transferred to Houston. . . . A shooting guard and co-captain on the "Phi Slamma Jamma" team featuring Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler. That team was ranked No. 1 and finished as runner-up in the 1983 NCAA tournament. . . . Attended Houston's Northbrook High School.
Source: BYU sports information department
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for Foul-A-Frenchie...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 29
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 23
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22