AGE: 39 (Feb. 21, 1966)
FAMILY: Wife, Holly; three sons, Cutter (5), Breaker (3), Raeder (18 months)
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: He spends two hours a day reading. "I like a lot of motivational-type books by authors like Dr. Wayne Dyer and Deepak Chopra; religious books (he recently read "Infinite Atonement"); and organizational design books ("Built to Last" and "Seeing Is Believing.") He also enjoys working with horses, participating in triathlons and surfing. "I like to go anywhere there's beach and waves. Hawaii would probably be my favorite. I'm not any good at surfing, but I love the experience of doing it."
FAVORITE MUSIC: Reggae, particularly Bob Marley, Steel Pulse and Israel Vibration. "It takes me to a different place. When it comes to exercise, it's to create a mental peace that period after you work out. A lot of the motivation is not the physical part but the mental part. Music is very similar. That seems to be a solace and puts me in a different place mentally. I like the alternative stuff as well."
FAVORITE MOVIES: "I like the epic-type movies like 'Last of the Mohicans,' 'Braveheart,' 'Dances with Wolves,' those types of larger-than-life stories and triumphs. I like being uplifted and motivated. Going to the movies, I like to fill my head with positive things."
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34