AGE: 39 (Feb. 21, 1966)
FAMILY: Wife, Holly; three sons, Cutter (5), Breaker (3), Raeder (18 months)
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: He spends two hours a day reading. "I like a lot of motivational-type books by authors like Dr. Wayne Dyer and Deepak Chopra; religious books (he recently read "Infinite Atonement"); and organizational design books ("Built to Last" and "Seeing Is Believing.") He also enjoys working with horses, participating in triathlons and surfing. "I like to go anywhere there's beach and waves. Hawaii would probably be my favorite. I'm not any good at surfing, but I love the experience of doing it."
FAVORITE MUSIC: Reggae, particularly Bob Marley, Steel Pulse and Israel Vibration. "It takes me to a different place. When it comes to exercise, it's to create a mental peace that period after you work out. A lot of the motivation is not the physical part but the mental part. Music is very similar. That seems to be a solace and puts me in a different place mentally. I like the alternative stuff as well."
FAVORITE MOVIES: "I like the epic-type movies like 'Last of the Mohicans,' 'Braveheart,' 'Dances with Wolves,' those types of larger-than-life stories and triumphs. I like being uplifted and motivated. Going to the movies, I like to fill my head with positive things."
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 42
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 37
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26