The winner of the "Cover a Jazz Game Contest" for seventh- through 11th-grade students is Rhett Wilkinson of Centerville, a sophomore from Viewmont High School. Rhett and two guests will meet Deseret Morning News Jazz beat writer Tim Buckley this Friday night in the press room at the Delta Center for dinner prior to the game. Rhett will be interviewed on KFNZ radio's Jazz Talk, 1320 AM, and have his picture taken with a Jazz player. Rhett will sit on press row alongside other sports writers during the game and watch as the Jazz square off against the Golden State Warriors.
The hard part of the evening begins after post-game interviews as Rhett writes his report on deadline. His coverage will be published in the Saturday morning edition of the Deseret Morning News.
The second-place winner, Alie Yorgason, a seventh-grader from Salt Lake City, wins a Club Suite Night to a regular-season game for eight guests.
The 10 third-place winners who receive a Utah Jazz baseball cap are William Carlson, Trevor Vlam, Dakota Guenther, Destiny Calvano, Hayley Buchman, Derek Flint, Brooke Hodson, Ben Lockhart, Jeff Merrell and Justus Minardi.
The Special Class Award goes to Mrs. Bachmiller's third period English class from Crescent View Middle School. They win a Sky Box night at an upcoming game.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 33
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 18
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14