There was another shake-up at the top of the NCAA women's gymnastics rankings. Nebraska took over first place, bumping Louisiana State, which was No. 1 last week for the first time in its history, to No. 2.
The University of Utah moved from fourth to third, despite suffering its second loss of the season Friday at Georgia. The top three teams are separated by 0.75 of a point.
BYU fell a spot to 14th, Southern Utah dropped from 16th to 18th, and Utah State fell six places to 31st. The Aggies, however, are ranked 24th on balance beam.
In other team events, BYU and Utah are tied for sixth on vault; Utah is second on bars and third on beam; and SUU's best is 13th on floor.
Among individuals, Ute freshman Ashley Postell retained third place in the all-around rankings, and BYU's Jaime Mabray made her first appearance this season in all-around ratings at 13th, with Utah's Annabeth Eberle and Nicolle Ford seventh and eighth, respectively.The Utes return to the Huntsman Center at 7 p.m. Friday to host a four-way meet with No. 6 Florida, Stanford and California. BYU is at Boise State on Friday after beating the Broncos in Provo last Saturday. SUU is off this week. USU is at Texas Woman's University Tuesday night.
NCAA women's gymnastics rankings
Feb. 28 (by RQS)
Team RQS Average High
1. Nebraska 196.720 195.906 196.800
2. LSU 196.660 196.167 197.250
3. Utah 196.645 196.481 197.675
4. UCLA 196.465 195.590 197.300
5. Michigan 196.365 196.337 196.950
6. Florida 196.240 196.141 196.950
7. Alabama 196.210 195.919 197.175
8. Georgia 196.125 195.917 197.275
9. Iowa State 195.840 195.600 196.925
10. Oklahoma 195.815 195.464 196.700
14. BYU 195.055 194.984 196.125
18. Southern Utah 194.570 194.178 196.175
31. Utah State 193.560 193.407 195.450