UTAH STATE PREVIEW
Date Opponent/Result Location
Nov. 18 Utah State 71, Ga. Southern 61 Fairbanks, Alaska
Nov. 20 Central Florida 55, Utah State 52 Fairbanks, Alaska
Nov. 21 Utah State 64, Northwestern 57 Fairbanks, Alaska
Nov. 27 Utah State 81, UC Davis 55 Logan
Dec. 1 Utah State 71, BYU 57 Logan
Dec. 4 Utah State 71, Utah 45 Logan
Dec. 7 IPFW 64, Utah State 59 Fort Wayne, Ind.
Dec. 11 Utah State 73, Weber State 56 Logan
Dec. 18 Utah State 84, BYU 62 Provo
Dec. 29 South Carolina State Logan
Dec. 30 Gossner Foods Classic Logan
Date Opponent Location
Dec. 23 at Idaho Moscow, Idaho
Jan. 6 UC Santa Barbara Logan
Jan. 8 Cal Poly Logan
Jan. 13 at Pacific Stockton, Calif.
Jan. 15 at Cal-State Northridge Northridge, Calif.
Jan. 20 Cal-State Fullerton Logan
Jan. 22 UC Riverside Logan
Jan. 27 at UC Irvine Irvine, Calif.
Jan. 29 at Long Beach State Long Beach, Calif.
Feb. 3 at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, Calif.
Feb. 5 at UC Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, Calif.
Feb. 10 Cal State Northridge Logan
Feb. 12 Pacific Logan
Feb. 17 at UC Riverside Riverside, Calif.
Feb. 19 at Cal State Fullerton Fullerton, Calif.
Feb. 24 Long Beach State Logan
Feb. 26 UC Irvine Logan
March 4 Idaho Logan
Evaluating the Aggies' preseason performance:
David Pak, Calvin Brown and Chris Huber have been the Aggies' three-headed beast at the point. Pak is a junior college transfer with little point-guard experience. Huber is hobbled by a bad ankle and hasn't reached his true form this season, and Brown, a senior, is seeing his most significant playing time in his years in Logan. Still, the Aggies are seventh in the nation in fewest turnovers allowed.
Freshman Jaycee Carroll is defying the post-mission blues by averaging 12.3 points at shooting guard.
Spencer Nelson has been the mainstay for the Aggies and leads the team in three offensive categories. Marcus Crane and Jason Williams, a starter from last year, have been injured and haven't reached full potential. John Neil is solid defensively but could add more offensive.
Junior Nate Harris, has been steady at 13.6 points a game, but is averaging nearly three rebounds less than he did last year. Junior Cass Matheus is still trying to figure out his place but has been playing well as of late. Senior Ian McVey has played just 42 minutes.
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but plenty of...
- BYU men's volleyball: Cougars trounce the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with one-year...
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating from...
- Utah football: Ute offense shines in...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Is Tyrone Corbin gone? Utah Jazz, coach's...
- No stranger to struggle: Cottonwood's Cooper...
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces... 62
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 58
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 56
- BYU Football: Harvey Jackson bolsters... 24
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 18
- Brad Rock: Jazz: Sign Gordon Hayward to... 17
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 17
- Utah Jazz: Trey Burke scores career... 15