A grand jury has indicted six former and current Brigham Young University football players, all freshmen, handing down a total of 18 felonies in connection with an alleged rape on Aug. 8 in Provo.
Charged with two counts of aggravated assault (a first-degree felony), obstruction of justice (a second-degree felony), dealing in material harmful to a minor (a third-degree felony) and furnishing alcohol to a minor (a class-B misdemeanor):
Karland Brushay Bennett, Dallas
Bryson Anthony Jerrell Mathis, Dallas
William Terrell Smitty Turner Jr., Daly City, Calif.Ibrahim Amir Rashada, Augusta, Ga.
Charged with providing a false statement to investigators (a second-degree felony):Antwaun Harris, Garland, Texas
Charged with dealing in material harmful to a minor (a third-degree felony):
Billy Skinner, Arlington, Texas
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- Report: Millennials in Utah mirror dropping...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah's air pollution problem: What does... 17