A grand jury has indicted six former and current Brigham Young University football players, all freshmen, handing down a total of 18 felonies in connection with an alleged rape on Aug. 8 in Provo.
Charged with two counts of aggravated assault (a first-degree felony), obstruction of justice (a second-degree felony), dealing in material harmful to a minor (a third-degree felony) and furnishing alcohol to a minor (a class-B misdemeanor):
Karland Brushay Bennett, Dallas
Bryson Anthony Jerrell Mathis, Dallas
William Terrell Smitty Turner Jr., Daly City, Calif.Ibrahim Amir Rashada, Augusta, Ga.
Charged with providing a false statement to investigators (a second-degree felony):Antwaun Harris, Garland, Texas
Charged with dealing in material harmful to a minor (a third-degree felony):
Billy Skinner, Arlington, Texas
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Living — or dying — with...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 260
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 97
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 87
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 68
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 61
- Does secret southern Utah meeting mean... 53
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35