A grand jury has indicted six former and current Brigham Young University football players, all freshmen, handing down a total of 18 felonies in connection with an alleged rape on Aug. 8 in Provo.
Charged with two counts of aggravated assault (a first-degree felony), obstruction of justice (a second-degree felony), dealing in material harmful to a minor (a third-degree felony) and furnishing alcohol to a minor (a class-B misdemeanor):
Karland Brushay Bennett, Dallas
Bryson Anthony Jerrell Mathis, Dallas
William Terrell Smitty Turner Jr., Daly City, Calif.Ibrahim Amir Rashada, Augusta, Ga.
Charged with providing a false statement to investigators (a second-degree felony):Antwaun Harris, Garland, Texas
Charged with dealing in material harmful to a minor (a third-degree felony):
Billy Skinner, Arlington, Texas
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 40
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13