A grand jury has indicted six former and current Brigham Young University football players, all freshmen, handing down a total of 18 felonies in connection with an alleged rape on Aug. 8 in Provo.
Charged with two counts of aggravated assault (a first-degree felony), obstruction of justice (a second-degree felony), dealing in material harmful to a minor (a third-degree felony) and furnishing alcohol to a minor (a class-B misdemeanor):
Karland Brushay Bennett, Dallas
Bryson Anthony Jerrell Mathis, Dallas
William Terrell Smitty Turner Jr., Daly City, Calif.Ibrahim Amir Rashada, Augusta, Ga.
Charged with providing a false statement to investigators (a second-degree felony):Antwaun Harris, Garland, Texas
Charged with dealing in material harmful to a minor (a third-degree felony):
Billy Skinner, Arlington, Texas
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- 'To this day, I don't believe I did it': War...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 156
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 60
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 45
- Police release names of officers... 31
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 29
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18