A grand jury has indicted six former and current Brigham Young University football players, all freshmen, handing down a total of 18 felonies in connection with an alleged rape on Aug. 8 in Provo.
Charged with two counts of aggravated assault (a first-degree felony), obstruction of justice (a second-degree felony), dealing in material harmful to a minor (a third-degree felony) and furnishing alcohol to a minor (a class-B misdemeanor):
Karland Brushay Bennett, Dallas
Bryson Anthony Jerrell Mathis, Dallas
William Terrell Smitty Turner Jr., Daly City, Calif.Ibrahim Amir Rashada, Augusta, Ga.
Charged with providing a false statement to investigators (a second-degree felony):Antwaun Harris, Garland, Texas
Charged with dealing in material harmful to a minor (a third-degree felony):
Billy Skinner, Arlington, Texas
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13