When she's not fighting for her causes, Ruzicka is happy to be a homebody. She helps organize a carnival for her grandchildren in her back yard each summer and takes them into her home for much of their summer break, filling their time with community events, miniature golf, Lagoon, trips to the park. Even when she had many of her children still in her home and was swamped with home schooling and Eagle Forum duties, she took in friends of her children who needed a place to stay, sometimes putting them up for an entire school year.
"I've got a lot to do, and I enjoy it," she says. "I've never done it any other way. Life is full of joy if you're busy. There's always someone somewhere who needs me.
"I believe this is what I'm supposed to be doing," she continues. "It's not something I enjoy. I love staying at home. I'm a stay-at-home grandma and mommy. I love being with them. When the kids were little, it was so much work to get them ready. I remind the Lord everyone needs to be released. I've never enjoyed it. I don't like being away from home. I don't enjoy anything that takes me away from home for a few hours at a time. I don't enjoy politics, but somebody has got to do this."
Ruzicka looks forward to the day she can walk away from it. She hopes to serve a church mission with her husband and spend more time in her home with her children and grandchildren."I've always said that when the time comes and I'm gone," says Ruzicka, "three weeks down the road they'll be saying, now who was that lady?"
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Republican, Democratic political... 36
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12