OGDEN Ogden police Monday said a weekend shooting that left a man in serious but stable condition was likely gang-related.
At 8:25 p.m. Sunday a man watching TV at 953 25th Street was shot in the face, possibly with a rifle, said Ogden police Lt. Scott Sangberg.
The man and his friends were watching football when two unknown men knocked at the door. One of the victim's friends answered the door. When the door was opened a weapon was pointed into the room and fired, Sangberg said.
The victim was taken to Ogden's McKay-Dee Hospital.
Investigators believed the victim and the alleged shooter belonged to rival gangs, Sangberg said.
As of Monday afternoon there had been no arrests but Sangberg said detectives were following "solid leads."
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15