OGDEN Ogden police Monday said a weekend shooting that left a man in serious but stable condition was likely gang-related.
At 8:25 p.m. Sunday a man watching TV at 953 25th Street was shot in the face, possibly with a rifle, said Ogden police Lt. Scott Sangberg.
The man and his friends were watching football when two unknown men knocked at the door. One of the victim's friends answered the door. When the door was opened a weapon was pointed into the room and fired, Sangberg said.
The victim was taken to Ogden's McKay-Dee Hospital.
Investigators believed the victim and the alleged shooter belonged to rival gangs, Sangberg said.
As of Monday afternoon there had been no arrests but Sangberg said detectives were following "solid leads."
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8