OGDEN Ogden police Monday said a weekend shooting that left a man in serious but stable condition was likely gang-related.
At 8:25 p.m. Sunday a man watching TV at 953 25th Street was shot in the face, possibly with a rifle, said Ogden police Lt. Scott Sangberg.
The man and his friends were watching football when two unknown men knocked at the door. One of the victim's friends answered the door. When the door was opened a weapon was pointed into the room and fired, Sangberg said.
The victim was taken to Ogden's McKay-Dee Hospital.
Investigators believed the victim and the alleged shooter belonged to rival gangs, Sangberg said.
As of Monday afternoon there had been no arrests but Sangberg said detectives were following "solid leads."
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15