OGDEN Ogden police Monday said a weekend shooting that left a man in serious but stable condition was likely gang-related.
At 8:25 p.m. Sunday a man watching TV at 953 25th Street was shot in the face, possibly with a rifle, said Ogden police Lt. Scott Sangberg.
The man and his friends were watching football when two unknown men knocked at the door. One of the victim's friends answered the door. When the door was opened a weapon was pointed into the room and fired, Sangberg said.
The victim was taken to Ogden's McKay-Dee Hospital.
Investigators believed the victim and the alleged shooter belonged to rival gangs, Sangberg said.
As of Monday afternoon there had been no arrests but Sangberg said detectives were following "solid leads."
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12