OGDEN Ogden police Monday said a weekend shooting that left a man in serious but stable condition was likely gang-related.
At 8:25 p.m. Sunday a man watching TV at 953 25th Street was shot in the face, possibly with a rifle, said Ogden police Lt. Scott Sangberg.
The man and his friends were watching football when two unknown men knocked at the door. One of the victim's friends answered the door. When the door was opened a weapon was pointed into the room and fired, Sangberg said.
The victim was taken to Ogden's McKay-Dee Hospital.
Investigators believed the victim and the alleged shooter belonged to rival gangs, Sangberg said.
As of Monday afternoon there had been no arrests but Sangberg said detectives were following "solid leads."
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations against...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Parties have now finalized arguments in...
- Why Syracuse mom killed her 2 daughters still...
- Looking for the perfect Pi Day pie? Here are...
- Kaysville man with MS shares hope with others
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough discovery on...
- Utah recognition of same-sex marriage... 72
- British judge hears arguments in case... 42
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- Parties have now finalized arguments in... 41
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash... 35
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations... 34
- House report: John Swallow hung 'for... 32
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough... 29