Three men believed to be members of a violent Salt Lake County street gang were arrested Tuesday morning just as they were apparently about to commit a home invasion robbery.
Just before 5 a.m. near 7000 South and 2000 East, sheriff's deputies confronted four men who were allegedly about to commit a home invasion robbery, said Salt Lake County Sheriff's Sgt. Rosie Rivera. One of the men was armed with a gun and all were in a vehicle stolen during a carjacking in West Jordan two weeks ago, she said.
The group is also believed to be connected to a drive-by shooting in Kearns shortly after the West Jordan carjacking, Rivera said. No one was injured in the shooting.
While deputies were investigating the stolen car Tuesday, they found a meth lab in the trunk.
The men were arrested for investigation of a variety of charges including drug possession, aggravated robbery and possession of a firearm. The fourth man was released.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Man gets jail time for attempted recruitment...
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14