Three men believed to be members of a violent Salt Lake County street gang were arrested Tuesday morning just as they were apparently about to commit a home invasion robbery.
Just before 5 a.m. near 7000 South and 2000 East, sheriff's deputies confronted four men who were allegedly about to commit a home invasion robbery, said Salt Lake County Sheriff's Sgt. Rosie Rivera. One of the men was armed with a gun and all were in a vehicle stolen during a carjacking in West Jordan two weeks ago, she said.
The group is also believed to be connected to a drive-by shooting in Kearns shortly after the West Jordan carjacking, Rivera said. No one was injured in the shooting.
While deputies were investigating the stolen car Tuesday, they found a meth lab in the trunk.
The men were arrested for investigation of a variety of charges including drug possession, aggravated robbery and possession of a firearm. The fourth man was released.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13