Three men believed to be members of a violent Salt Lake County street gang were arrested Tuesday morning just as they were apparently about to commit a home invasion robbery.
Just before 5 a.m. near 7000 South and 2000 East, sheriff's deputies confronted four men who were allegedly about to commit a home invasion robbery, said Salt Lake County Sheriff's Sgt. Rosie Rivera. One of the men was armed with a gun and all were in a vehicle stolen during a carjacking in West Jordan two weeks ago, she said.
The group is also believed to be connected to a drive-by shooting in Kearns shortly after the West Jordan carjacking, Rivera said. No one was injured in the shooting.
While deputies were investigating the stolen car Tuesday, they found a meth lab in the trunk.
The men were arrested for investigation of a variety of charges including drug possession, aggravated robbery and possession of a firearm. The fourth man was released.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12