Three men believed to be members of a violent Salt Lake County street gang were arrested Tuesday morning just as they were apparently about to commit a home invasion robbery.
Just before 5 a.m. near 7000 South and 2000 East, sheriff's deputies confronted four men who were allegedly about to commit a home invasion robbery, said Salt Lake County Sheriff's Sgt. Rosie Rivera. One of the men was armed with a gun and all were in a vehicle stolen during a carjacking in West Jordan two weeks ago, she said.
The group is also believed to be connected to a drive-by shooting in Kearns shortly after the West Jordan carjacking, Rivera said. No one was injured in the shooting.
While deputies were investigating the stolen car Tuesday, they found a meth lab in the trunk.
The men were arrested for investigation of a variety of charges including drug possession, aggravated robbery and possession of a firearm. The fourth man was released.
- Women innovators leading by example
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10