Three men believed to be members of a violent Salt Lake County street gang were arrested Tuesday morning just as they were apparently about to commit a home invasion robbery.
Just before 5 a.m. near 7000 South and 2000 East, sheriff's deputies confronted four men who were allegedly about to commit a home invasion robbery, said Salt Lake County Sheriff's Sgt. Rosie Rivera. One of the men was armed with a gun and all were in a vehicle stolen during a carjacking in West Jordan two weeks ago, she said.
The group is also believed to be connected to a drive-by shooting in Kearns shortly after the West Jordan carjacking, Rivera said. No one was injured in the shooting.
While deputies were investigating the stolen car Tuesday, they found a meth lab in the trunk.
The men were arrested for investigation of a variety of charges including drug possession, aggravated robbery and possession of a firearm. The fourth man was released.
- Rocky Mountain Power: Thousands on Wasatch...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Utah communities still among fastest-growing...
- Idaho man accepts plea deal in Logan shootout...
- Hundreds of Utah coal miners speak out on...
- Salt Lake police looking for 2 men in repeat...
- UTA taking threat to block funding 'seriously'
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 14
- Utah defends busting theater for... 12