Sept. 2, 1906 Born in Oakley, Idaho, to Hector C. Haight and Clara Tuttle Haight.1920s Attends Oakley High School and Albion State Normal School in Idaho.
1925-1928 Attends Utah State University.
Sept. 4, 1930 Marries Ruby Olson in the Salt Lake LDS Temple.
1933 Becomes general merchandise manager for ZCMI.
1936 Becomes district manager for Montgomery Ward, based in San Diego.
1943-1946 Serves in World War II as a commander in the U.S. Navy's Supply Corps.
1946-1949 Regional manager for Montgomery Ward, based in Chicago.
March 4, 1951 Becomes president of the Palo Alto LDS Stake.
1959-1963 Mayor of Palo Alto, Calif.
1963-1966 President of the Scottish LDS Mission.
November 1966 Named assistant to the president of Brigham Young University.
Sept. 29, 1967 Called as a regional representative.
April 6, 1970 Sustained as an assistant to the Twelve.
Jan. 8, 1976 Ordained an apostle.
April 3, 1976 Sustained to the Quorum of the Twelve.
March 8, 1978 Receives Distinguished Alumnus Award from Utah State University.
May 27, 1989 Honored as a distinguished alumnus at Utah State University.
April 16, 1994 Honored as Palo Alto's oldest living mayor.
Sept. 2, 1996 Honored at 90th birthday celebration attended by about 1,200 at Huntsman Corp. offices at University of Utah.
Aug. 13, 1998 Receives a doctorate of Christian service from BYU.
Oct. 13, 2000 With his wife, Ruby, receives the People of Vision award from Prevent Blindness Utah.
April 3, 2004 Elder Haight's last extemporaneous address at LDS general conference.
July 31, 2004 Elder Haight, at 97 the oldest living apostle, dies at his home at 4:15 a.m., with his family present.
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Report: Millennials in Utah mirror dropping...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah's air pollution problem: What does... 17