Former Viewmont High, Snow Community College and Iowa State big man Jackson Vroman is headed for Phoenix.
Vroman, son of former Jazz big man Brett Vroman, was selected in the second round of Thursday night's NBA Draft.
He was taken with the No. 31 overall selection, a pick the Suns acquired as part of a trade that sent No. 7 overall pick Luol Deng to Chicago.
Vroman, who stands 6-foot-10, was the second pick of the second round - one spot behind Brazilian power forward Anderson Varejao, who was taken by Orlando, and one ahead of Puerto Rican center Peter John Ramos, who went to Washington.
Second-round selections do not get guaranteed contracts, but Vroman - who drastically improved his draft stock with a series of strong workouts- should have a good shot at sticking with the Suns.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25