Thursday, June 24At New York
1. ORLANDO, DWIGHT HOWARD, f, Southwest Atlanta Christian Academy: Winner of the 2004 Naismith Award as the nation's best high school player . . . Can play all three frontcourt positions . . . Has a solid work ethic.
2. CHARLOTTE (from L.A. Clippers), EMEKA OKAFOR, f-c, Connecticut: The Most Outstanding Player at the Final Four . . . Outstanding rebounder and shot-blocker . . . Blocked a school-record 441 shots in his three seasons.
3. CHICAGO, BEN GORDON, g, Connecticut: The leading scorer for the NCAA national champion Huskies . . . A complete guard . . . Has great range as a shooter . . . Plays bigger than his size.
4. L.A. CLIPPERS (from Charlotte), SHAUN LIVINGSTON, g, Peoria (Ill.) Central HS: Originally committed to play for Duke . . . A true point guard . . . Excellent court vision and ballhandling skills.
5. a-WASHINGTON, DEVIN HARRIS, g, Wisconsin: Can play both guard spots . . . Has a quick first step and good range on his jumper . . . An excellent athlete.
6. ATLANTA, JOSH CHILDRESS, f, Stanford: The Pac-10 Player of the Year . . . Excellent rebounder and defender . . . Solid ball handler and passer.
7. b-PHOENIX, LUOL DENG, f, Duke: Traded to Chicago . . . Has a strong work ethic . . . A solid defender . . . Good court vision.
8. TORONTO, RAFAEL ARAUJO, c, Brigham Young: Strong and athletic . . . Not afraid of contact in the paint . . . Can play with his back to the basket.
9. PHILADELPHIA, ANDRE IGUODALA, f, Arizona: Early entry . . . Has been compared to Scottie Pippen . . . Versatile and athletic . . . Tremendous passer.
10. CLEVELAND, LUKE JACKSON, f, Oregon: Solid all-around game . . . Unselfish . . . Has a quick release and 3-point range.
11. GOLDEN STATE, ANDRIS BIEDRINS, f, BK Skonto Riga (Latvia): Good size and wingspan, could develop into a great shot blocker . . . Needs to work on the offensive end.
12. SEATTLE, ROBERT SWIFT, c, Bakersfield (Calif.) HS: Originally committed to play for Southern Cal . . . Has great hands and footwork for his age . . . A shotblocker and a decent passer.
13. PORTLAND, SEBASTIAN TELFAIR, g, Abraham Lincoln HS, Brooklyn, N.Y.: Originally committed to play for Louisville . . . Excellent passer and court vision . . . Has quick hands and feet on the defensive end.
14. UTAH, KRIS HUMPHRIES, f, Minnesota: Very physical on the offensive end . . . Gets to the foul line . . . Solid rebounder . . . Can score inside and out.
15. BOSTON, AL JEFFERSON, f, Prentiss (Miss.) HS: A hard worker in the blocks . . . Has a nice touch from 10-12 feet . . . An excellent post player for his age.
16. UTAH (from New York through Phoenix), KIRK SNYDER, g, Nevada: The WAC Player of the Year . . . A solid all-around player . . . Can play both guard positions . . . Strong and athletic.
17. ATLANTA (from Milwaukee through Denver and Detroit), JOSH SMITH, f, Oak Hill: A great leaper . . . An all-around athlete . . . Originally committed to play for Indiana . . . Has explosive first step.
18. NEW ORLEANS, J.R. SMITH, g, St. Benedict's Prep, Newark, N.J: Has a 44-inch vertical leap . . . Has great range on his jumper . . . Originally committed to play for North Carolina. . . . Sacrifices his body.
19. MIAMI, DORELL WRIGHT, f, South Kent (Conn.) Prep: Originally committed to play for DePaul . . . Spent his first four years of high school at Leuzinger in California . . . An excellent rebounder with a great vertical jump.
20. c-DENVER, JAMEER NELSON, g, St. Joseph's: Traded to Orlando . . . Consensus National Player of the Year . . . His quickness breaks down the defense and opens space for his shot.
- BYU basketball: National experts weigh in on...
- BYU football: Christian Stewart returns to...
- Dick Harmon: Work of BYU's new strength coach...
- Kaufusi providing BYU with much-needed inside...
- 1A boys basketball tournament: Live streams...
- Jazz suffer heartbreaking, last-second loss...
- 'Meet the Mormons' missionary, Anthony...
- Morning links: Nate Orchard writes about his...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 110
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 83
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 77
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 51
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting,... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 42
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40