Thursday, June 24At New York
1. ORLANDO, DWIGHT HOWARD, f, Southwest Atlanta Christian Academy: Winner of the 2004 Naismith Award as the nation's best high school player . . . Can play all three frontcourt positions . . . Has a solid work ethic.
2. CHARLOTTE (from L.A. Clippers), EMEKA OKAFOR, f-c, Connecticut: The Most Outstanding Player at the Final Four . . . Outstanding rebounder and shot-blocker . . . Blocked a school-record 441 shots in his three seasons.
3. CHICAGO, BEN GORDON, g, Connecticut: The leading scorer for the NCAA national champion Huskies . . . A complete guard . . . Has great range as a shooter . . . Plays bigger than his size.
4. L.A. CLIPPERS (from Charlotte), SHAUN LIVINGSTON, g, Peoria (Ill.) Central HS: Originally committed to play for Duke . . . A true point guard . . . Excellent court vision and ballhandling skills.
5. a-WASHINGTON, DEVIN HARRIS, g, Wisconsin: Can play both guard spots . . . Has a quick first step and good range on his jumper . . . An excellent athlete.
6. ATLANTA, JOSH CHILDRESS, f, Stanford: The Pac-10 Player of the Year . . . Excellent rebounder and defender . . . Solid ball handler and passer.
7. b-PHOENIX, LUOL DENG, f, Duke: Traded to Chicago . . . Has a strong work ethic . . . A solid defender . . . Good court vision.
8. TORONTO, RAFAEL ARAUJO, c, Brigham Young: Strong and athletic . . . Not afraid of contact in the paint . . . Can play with his back to the basket.
9. PHILADELPHIA, ANDRE IGUODALA, f, Arizona: Early entry . . . Has been compared to Scottie Pippen . . . Versatile and athletic . . . Tremendous passer.
10. CLEVELAND, LUKE JACKSON, f, Oregon: Solid all-around game . . . Unselfish . . . Has a quick release and 3-point range.
11. GOLDEN STATE, ANDRIS BIEDRINS, f, BK Skonto Riga (Latvia): Good size and wingspan, could develop into a great shot blocker . . . Needs to work on the offensive end.
12. SEATTLE, ROBERT SWIFT, c, Bakersfield (Calif.) HS: Originally committed to play for Southern Cal . . . Has great hands and footwork for his age . . . A shotblocker and a decent passer.
13. PORTLAND, SEBASTIAN TELFAIR, g, Abraham Lincoln HS, Brooklyn, N.Y.: Originally committed to play for Louisville . . . Excellent passer and court vision . . . Has quick hands and feet on the defensive end.
14. UTAH, KRIS HUMPHRIES, f, Minnesota: Very physical on the offensive end . . . Gets to the foul line . . . Solid rebounder . . . Can score inside and out.
15. BOSTON, AL JEFFERSON, f, Prentiss (Miss.) HS: A hard worker in the blocks . . . Has a nice touch from 10-12 feet . . . An excellent post player for his age.
16. UTAH (from New York through Phoenix), KIRK SNYDER, g, Nevada: The WAC Player of the Year . . . A solid all-around player . . . Can play both guard positions . . . Strong and athletic.
17. ATLANTA (from Milwaukee through Denver and Detroit), JOSH SMITH, f, Oak Hill: A great leaper . . . An all-around athlete . . . Originally committed to play for Indiana . . . Has explosive first step.
18. NEW ORLEANS, J.R. SMITH, g, St. Benedict's Prep, Newark, N.J: Has a 44-inch vertical leap . . . Has great range on his jumper . . . Originally committed to play for North Carolina. . . . Sacrifices his body.
19. MIAMI, DORELL WRIGHT, f, South Kent (Conn.) Prep: Originally committed to play for DePaul . . . Spent his first four years of high school at Leuzinger in California . . . An excellent rebounder with a great vertical jump.
20. c-DENVER, JAMEER NELSON, g, St. Joseph's: Traded to Orlando . . . Consensus National Player of the Year . . . His quickness breaks down the defense and opens space for his shot.
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Friday fracas: Trevor Booker nearly hit, gets...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19 in AP,...
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most worthy of...
- Ranking the best small forwards in the NBA:...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 65
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 44
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 29
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense could use... 24
- Friday morning QB: Three stars and five... 23