As part of the pre-draft ceremonies Thursday in the Delta Center, it was announced that the Jazz and Larry H. Miller Charities are donating $20,000 to Primary Children's Hospital for a new gazebo in the West Garden in the name of Bobbye Sloan.
The wife of Jazz coach Jerry Sloan. Bobbye Sloan passed away from pancreatic cancer last Friday. There was also a moment of silence in her honor at the pre-draft party.
For fans wishing to pay respects to the Sloans, there is an "In-Memoriam" book in which fans may sign their names and write notes or remembrances. It will be at the receptionist's desk in the ticket lobby of the Delta Center today only. The book will be carried to McLeansboro, Ill., on Saturday by Jazz executives attending her funeral and memorial services. No memorial services will be held in Utah.
For those wishing to do more, in lieu of flowers, the Sloan family requests memorial contributions to the Susan G. Komen Foundation of Greater Evansville Affiliate, 4424 Vogel Road, Suite 205, Evansville, Ind. 47715; or the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, 221 Rosecrans Ave., Suite 131, El Segundo, Calif. 90245.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 4A boys state tournament central: Live...
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- Brad Rock: Utes have something to brag about...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 90
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 81
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 56
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 38
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30