The Family History Library of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will open a FamilySearch Center in the museum annex of the ZCMI Mall starting Saturday, May 29, to support the "Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition" there.
The Utah Museum of Natural History is co-sponsoring the Titanic exhibit, which will be open through Jan. 8, 2005, along with the LDS Church's FamilySearch Center.
"We are very excited to have an opportunity to partner with the Utah Museum of Natural History to enhance the Titanic experience for thousands of people who will experience this walk through history," said D. Merrill White, supervisor of the FamilySearch Reference Unit. The FamilySearch Center will partner with the Museum of Church History to show aspects of life in Utah during 1912 when Titanic sank.
Admission to the FamilySearch Center at the museum annex is free. Hours will be weekdays, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15