The Family History Library of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will open a FamilySearch Center in the museum annex of the ZCMI Mall starting Saturday, May 29, to support the "Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition" there.
The Utah Museum of Natural History is co-sponsoring the Titanic exhibit, which will be open through Jan. 8, 2005, along with the LDS Church's FamilySearch Center.
"We are very excited to have an opportunity to partner with the Utah Museum of Natural History to enhance the Titanic experience for thousands of people who will experience this walk through history," said D. Merrill White, supervisor of the FamilySearch Reference Unit. The FamilySearch Center will partner with the Museum of Church History to show aspects of life in Utah during 1912 when Titanic sank.
Admission to the FamilySearch Center at the museum annex is free. Hours will be weekdays, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 17
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15