The Family History Library of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will open a FamilySearch Center in the museum annex of the ZCMI Mall starting Saturday, May 29, to support the "Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition" there.
The Utah Museum of Natural History is co-sponsoring the Titanic exhibit, which will be open through Jan. 8, 2005, along with the LDS Church's FamilySearch Center.
"We are very excited to have an opportunity to partner with the Utah Museum of Natural History to enhance the Titanic experience for thousands of people who will experience this walk through history," said D. Merrill White, supervisor of the FamilySearch Reference Unit. The FamilySearch Center will partner with the Museum of Church History to show aspects of life in Utah during 1912 when Titanic sank.
Admission to the FamilySearch Center at the museum annex is free. Hours will be weekdays, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26