In the cool light of rare perfect days
Air possessed such clarity he thought
Of Eden. On these mornings the world
Was newly made. Blackbirds sang their early songs
From the laundry hedges; and the boy
Heard them each time for the first time.
Alone in the singing and shining, he walked
The disused railway lines to the Donkey Tip.
He sat cross-legged on the short grass,
Intent, still, staring into a sky
Without clouds until he saw the world
Transformed into its motes, the visible element
Of his meditation. That done, he pulled a stem
Of brief grass, releasing it from its green tube
With a little squeak. He nibbled its sweetness. Leslie Norris
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Fired West Valley officer's defense team goes...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Fatal Draper house fire was intentionally...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12