In the cool light of rare perfect days
Air possessed such clarity he thought
Of Eden. On these mornings the world
Was newly made. Blackbirds sang their early songs
From the laundry hedges; and the boy
Heard them each time for the first time.
Alone in the singing and shining, he walked
The disused railway lines to the Donkey Tip.
He sat cross-legged on the short grass,
Intent, still, staring into a sky
Without clouds until he saw the world
Transformed into its motes, the visible element
Of his meditation. That done, he pulled a stem
Of brief grass, releasing it from its green tube
With a little squeak. He nibbled its sweetness. Leslie Norris
- Man steals woman's boarding pass, checks into...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Families of 3 missing persons ask for...
- New protocol to help domestic violence...
- Feds: Utah companies accused of conducting...
- 107 years of Grace: Cedar City resident still...
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick meal,...
- Health experts encourage safe food handling...
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he... 36
- Feds: Utah companies accused of... 26
- Census: Utah has youngest newlyweds,... 16
- Man fighting for custody of daughter... 16
- Man steals woman's boarding pass,... 13
- Utah GOP, state appear headed to court... 12
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 10
- Ex A.G. John Swallow wants FBI, DOJ... 7