In the cool light of rare perfect days
Air possessed such clarity he thought
Of Eden. On these mornings the world
Was newly made. Blackbirds sang their early songs
From the laundry hedges; and the boy
Heard them each time for the first time.
Alone in the singing and shining, he walked
The disused railway lines to the Donkey Tip.
He sat cross-legged on the short grass,
Intent, still, staring into a sky
Without clouds until he saw the world
Transformed into its motes, the visible element
Of his meditation. That done, he pulled a stem
Of brief grass, releasing it from its green tube
With a little squeak. He nibbled its sweetness. Leslie Norris
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor LaVoy...
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Report: Communication breakdowns contributed...
- Bountiful man charged with murder in death of...
- Housing prices expected to climb in 2016,...
- Heavy ski traffic highlights need for better...
- Recent missionary killed after carjacking was...
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial in...
- Son of Oregon occupier killed by police... 106
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 44
- State senator wants Utah to declare... 39
- Recent missionary killed after... 32
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 19
- What you need to know about the effort... 15