BYU and the Vatican have produced a DVD of digitized ancient Christian texts unique to Eastern Christian churches. Bishop Mar Bawai Soro translated a Syriac hymn copied on a colorful 17th century manuscript included on the DVD:
"Teachers of the true faith, pillars of light, Peter and Paul who labored works of righteousness in the evangelization of the King Christ, help us through your prayers so that we are delivered from trial, and we ultimately enjoy, with you, the kingdom." (From the East Syriac Beth Gazza, or treasury)
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- 4 honored with 2016 Public Service Awards
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 15
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 12
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9