Police were trying to determine whether a boy was shot Tuesday during a gang-related incident near 1300 South and 200 East.
About 3:20 p.m., a boy on a bike was hit by a car. A man exited the vehicle and fired about eight rounds from a handgun at the boy, Salt Lake Police Lt. John Cardona said.
The shooter returned to the car and left the area. The boy, whose identity was not released because he is a juvenile, ran to a nearby alley. Gang detectives identified the boy and talked to him by phone. "He tells us he has not been shot but is limping from being hit," Cardona said. The boy told police he would stop by to talk but had not by Thursday evening.
"We believe the whole incident is gang-related," Cardona said.
The shooter is described as black, 23 years old, 6 feet 2 inches, 175 pounds. There was a passenger in the car but police did not have a description. The car is a cream-colored Oldsmobile Cutlass. Anyone who knows the driver's whereabouts is asked to call police at 799-3000.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16