West Valley police were looking for suspects in a gang-related shooting Saturday.
Just after 3 a.m. a 23-year-old man was shot multiple times at a large party near 4400 South and 4000 West. West Valley police Sgt. Brock Hudson said officers were originally called to a fight in progress at the house, a call that was upgraded to a shooting while they were en route.
Friends of the victim tried to take him to the hospital themselves, but police spotted their car in West Jordan, and after the car was stopped the victim was airlifted to a local hospital.
Hudson said the man was undergoing surgery Saturday, but his injuries were not considered life threatening.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16