West Valley police were looking for suspects in a gang-related shooting Saturday.
Just after 3 a.m. a 23-year-old man was shot multiple times at a large party near 4400 South and 4000 West. West Valley police Sgt. Brock Hudson said officers were originally called to a fight in progress at the house, a call that was upgraded to a shooting while they were en route.
Friends of the victim tried to take him to the hospital themselves, but police spotted their car in West Jordan, and after the car was stopped the victim was airlifted to a local hospital.
Hudson said the man was undergoing surgery Saturday, but his injuries were not considered life threatening.
- 'Bachelorette' contestant, BYU graduate dies...
- Transcript gives glimpse into deadly...
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Mark Shurtleff says new report based on 'tall...
- Gangs still prevalent in Utah with members as...
- Semitrailer full of turkeys lands in reservoir
- Mayor wants Hale Center Theatre in South Jordan
- 3 children start fire at Spanish Fork...
- U. student government passes resolution... 108
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 46
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 27
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G.... 21
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 20