West Valley police were looking for suspects in a gang-related shooting Saturday.
Just after 3 a.m. a 23-year-old man was shot multiple times at a large party near 4400 South and 4000 West. West Valley police Sgt. Brock Hudson said officers were originally called to a fight in progress at the house, a call that was upgraded to a shooting while they were en route.
Friends of the victim tried to take him to the hospital themselves, but police spotted their car in West Jordan, and after the car was stopped the victim was airlifted to a local hospital.
Hudson said the man was undergoing surgery Saturday, but his injuries were not considered life threatening.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 11