West Valley police were looking for suspects in a gang-related shooting Saturday.
Just after 3 a.m. a 23-year-old man was shot multiple times at a large party near 4400 South and 4000 West. West Valley police Sgt. Brock Hudson said officers were originally called to a fight in progress at the house, a call that was upgraded to a shooting while they were en route.
Friends of the victim tried to take him to the hospital themselves, but police spotted their car in West Jordan, and after the car was stopped the victim was airlifted to a local hospital.
Hudson said the man was undergoing surgery Saturday, but his injuries were not considered life threatening.
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 76
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 26
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24