West Valley police were looking for suspects in a gang-related shooting Saturday.
Just after 3 a.m. a 23-year-old man was shot multiple times at a large party near 4400 South and 4000 West. West Valley police Sgt. Brock Hudson said officers were originally called to a fight in progress at the house, a call that was upgraded to a shooting while they were en route.
Friends of the victim tried to take him to the hospital themselves, but police spotted their car in West Jordan, and after the car was stopped the victim was airlifted to a local hospital.
Hudson said the man was undergoing surgery Saturday, but his injuries were not considered life threatening.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 39
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14