Rheuama Allan West, age 80, from Palmyra (Spanish Fork), Utah, died Wednesday, August 20, 1997 at the home of Merril and Julie West, Palmyra.
She was born April 18, 1917 in Salem, Utah County, Utah, the daughter of Wilbur Bird Allan and DeEstie Weight Allan.She married James Reed West on November 14, 1935 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. He died August 21, 1989.
She was a graduate of Spanish Fork High School. She was an active member of the LDS Church serving as a teacher in the Primary, Sunday School, MIA, and Relief Society. She served on stake boards, both with the Primary and Relief Society. She worked with Utah County Social Services, was a PTA president, and a 4-H Club leader.
Rheuama was a gifted writer, having published much poetry and many stories. She wrote and presented tributes at over fifty funerals.
She is survived by five sons and two daughters: Jay Reed West (Lorraine), Layton; Elaine West Burnham (Kenneth) and Merril W. West (Julie) of Palmyra; Dee Wayne West (Beverly), Walnut Creek, California; Bud Allan West (Joyce), Reno, Nevada; Colleen West Abbott (Jeffrey), Sandy; and Blair James West (Katharine), Wilsonville, Oregon. A son, Gary Lynn West preceded her in death on November 7, 1950. She is also survived by 26 grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; a brother, Blaine W. Allan (Eva), Cedar City; and a sister Neva Joy Lee (Dean), Salem.
Funeral services will be Saturday, August 23, 1997 at 11 a.m. at the Palmyra Ward LDS Chapel, 1866 West 5000 South, Palmyra. Friends may call at the Walker Mortuary, 187 South Main, Spanish Fork, Utah, Friday August 22 from 6 to 8 p.m. and at the chapel two hours prior to the services. Interment will be in the Spanish Fork City Cemetery.
She was greatly loved and will be deeply missed.
T 8/22 N 8/22
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Firefighter, 3 others injured in apartment blaze
- Teen in critical condition after friend...
- Discovery Gateway opens new health-focused...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 31
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 29
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11