David M. Merrill of Farmington, Utah passed suddenly from this life Sunday morning July 6, 1997. He would have been 85 years old August 12. He has been a resident of Farmington since 1942. He was healthy and active with no history of illness.
He was an active leader in the LDS Church serving as bishop, counselor in the Stake Presidency, and Stake Patriarch. He influenced hundreds of lives for good. He received a bachelor and master's degree from Brigham Young University. His careers include high school teacher, high school counselor, state office of rehabilitation counselor, sales manager, and a manufacturer's representative in DMA, a company he founded in 1975.Originally trained as an artist, art and photography have played an important role in his life and the life of his family. Mr. Merrill operated an art gallery for several years and spent the last 30 years as a painter, winning numerous awards and taking place among Utah's distinguished landscape artists.
His Bear Lake summer home has been a gathering place for over 30 years where many happy hours have been spent with his family. The past 50 years have been spent in his historic rock home, which reflects his artistry and work ethic.
He is the father of four children, M. David Merrill (Dixie), Kieth Walker Merrill (Dagny), Jeaneen Merrill Anderson (Phil), and Leola Kay Merrill Richards (Jim). He left a great legacy of love to his 33 grandchildren and 35 great-grandchildren. He is survived by his beloved wife of 61 years, Leola D. Green Merrill, a brother, Alton Merrill and a sister, Lucille McDonald, both of Salt Lake City.
A viewing will be held in the Farmington Rock Memorial Chapel, 272 North Main Street, Farmington, Thursday, July 10, 6-8 p.m. Farewell services will be held Friday, July 11, 1 p.m., (11:30 a.m. viewing) at the Steed Creek Chapel, 347 South 200 West, Farmington. Funeral Directors: Russon Brothers Bountiful Mortuary.
N 7/8 T 7/11
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12