Dorothy Jean Cornford Opheikens, 71, passed away Thursday, June 26, 1997, at St. Mark's Hospital in Salt Lake City.
She was born July 12, 1925 in Rock Springs, Wyoming, the daughter of William Ralph and Marguerite Bradshaw Cornford. On December 5, 1946, she married Robert C. Opheikens in Ogden. Their marriage was later solemnized in the Ogden LDS Temple. He died April 16, 1994.Mrs. Opheikens was a member of the LDS Church. She worked as a PBX operator at several Utah hospitals and was a fire dispatcher at HAFB, where she retired. She belonged to the PBX Club, The Rebeccas and a Pinochle Club. She enjoyed and loved music and poetry. Her greatest joy was her time spent with her grandchildren, great-grandchildren and her children.
Mrs. Opheikens is survived by three sons, Robert James (Michelle), Plain City; Steven C. (Robyn), Salt Lake City; Bill (Carlene), Midvale; five daughters, Barbara Lynn, Helper; Mrs. Stanley (Debbie) Johnson, Kearns; Mrs. Craig (Peggy) Dipo, Kearns; Mrs. Stanley (Ronda) Kano, Brigham City; and Gordon (Donna) Morris of Roy; also surviving are 35 grandchildren, 16 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Mrs. Jack (Anne) Steele of Ogden. She was preceded in death by her husband; her parents; her sisters and three grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held at Myers Mortuary of Roy, 5865 South 1900 West, at 11 a.m., Monday, June 30, 1997, where friends may call 6-8 p.m. Sunday and on Monday one hour prior to services. Interment, Evergreen Memorial Park.
T 6/28 N 6/28
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 81
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 35
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26