Major General David A. Sawyer USAF (Retired) died June 23, 1997 at his home in Springfield, Virginia.
He is survived by his wife, Jeanne T. Sawyer; parents Archie H. and Vida P. Sawyer; children, Sherise (Paul) Longhurst, Denver, CO; Glen, Brandon (Rayell), Provo; Kendall E., Daniel J. and Pamela of Springfield, VA; brother, Melvin (Sylvia), Orem; sister, Carol Jelovchan; Rawlins, WY; grandchild, Calvin A. Longhurst, Denver, CO.Funeral services Monday, June 30, 1997 at 11 a.m. at the Grant 6th Ward, 3487 So. 1300 East. Friends may call Sunday 6-7 p.m. at the Jenkins-Soffe Mortuary 4760 So. State Street, and Monday, one hour prior to services at the church. Interment, Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be made to the charity of your choice.
N 6/27 T 6/28
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 31
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 27