Major General David A. Sawyer USAF (Retired) died June 23, 1997 at his home in Springfield, Virginia.
He is survived by his wife, Jeanne T. Sawyer; parents Archie H. and Vida P. Sawyer; children, Sherise (Paul) Longhurst, Denver, CO; Glen, Brandon (Rayell), Provo; Kendall E., Daniel J. and Pamela of Springfield, VA; brother, Melvin (Sylvia), Orem; sister, Carol Jelovchan; Rawlins, WY; grandchild, Calvin A. Longhurst, Denver, CO.Funeral services Monday, June 30, 1997 at 11 a.m. at the Grant 6th Ward, 3487 So. 1300 East. Friends may call Sunday 6-7 p.m. at the Jenkins-Soffe Mortuary 4760 So. State Street, and Monday, one hour prior to services at the church. Interment, Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be made to the charity of your choice.
N 6/27 T 6/28
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 11