Major General David A. Sawyer USAF (Retired) died June 23, 1997 at his home in Springfield, Virginia.
He is survived by his wife, Jeanne T. Sawyer; parents Archie H. and Vida P. Sawyer; children, Sherise (Paul) Longhurst, Denver, CO; Glen, Brandon (Rayell), Provo; Kendall E., Daniel J. and Pamela of Springfield, VA; brother, Melvin (Sylvia), Orem; sister, Carol Jelovchan; Rawlins, WY; grandchild, Calvin A. Longhurst, Denver, CO.Funeral services Monday, June 30, 1997 at 11 a.m. at the Grant 6th Ward, 3487 So. 1300 East. Friends may call Sunday 6-7 p.m. at the Jenkins-Soffe Mortuary 4760 So. State Street, and Monday, one hour prior to services at the church. Interment, Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be made to the charity of your choice.
N 6/27 T 6/28
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15