Major General David A. Sawyer USAF (Retired) died June 23, 1997 at his home in Springfield, Virginia.
He is survived by his wife, Jeanne T. Sawyer; parents Archie H. and Vida P. Sawyer; children, Sherise (Paul) Longhurst, Denver, CO; Glen, Brandon (Rayell), Provo; Kendall E., Daniel J. and Pamela of Springfield, VA; brother, Melvin (Sylvia), Orem; sister, Carol Jelovchan; Rawlins, WY; grandchild, Calvin A. Longhurst, Denver, CO.Funeral services Monday, June 30, 1997 at 11 a.m. at the Grant 6th Ward, 3487 So. 1300 East. Friends may call Sunday 6-7 p.m. at the Jenkins-Soffe Mortuary 4760 So. State Street, and Monday, one hour prior to services at the church. Interment, Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be made to the charity of your choice.
N 6/27 T 6/28
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 26
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10