The high-speed, offset supermodified race cars will make their only appearance in Utah this Saturday at Suntana Raceway.
The 7th annual Super Cup will begin at 6 p.m. with qualifying, followed by racing at 7 p.m. Track manager Jeff Nish said more than 25 drivers from Utah, Idaho, Colorado and California have entered. Among the top drivers are Kenny Hamilton, Rick Venstra, Byron Shafer and Riche Sheral.The cars will reach speeds of more than 140 miles per hour on the half-mile oval. Drivers will be racing for more than $15,000 in prize money.
Admission is $12 for adults, $4 for children 12 and under, with a family pass for two adults and accompanying children only $32.
The track is located south of Provo in Centerville.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29