The high-speed, offset supermodified race cars will make their only appearance in Utah this Saturday at Suntana Raceway.
The 7th annual Super Cup will begin at 6 p.m. with qualifying, followed by racing at 7 p.m. Track manager Jeff Nish said more than 25 drivers from Utah, Idaho, Colorado and California have entered. Among the top drivers are Kenny Hamilton, Rick Venstra, Byron Shafer and Riche Sheral.The cars will reach speeds of more than 140 miles per hour on the half-mile oval. Drivers will be racing for more than $15,000 in prize money.
Admission is $12 for adults, $4 for children 12 and under, with a family pass for two adults and accompanying children only $32.
The track is located south of Provo in Centerville.
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15