The high-speed, offset supermodified race cars will make their only appearance in Utah this Saturday at Suntana Raceway.
The 7th annual Super Cup will begin at 6 p.m. with qualifying, followed by racing at 7 p.m. Track manager Jeff Nish said more than 25 drivers from Utah, Idaho, Colorado and California have entered. Among the top drivers are Kenny Hamilton, Rick Venstra, Byron Shafer and Riche Sheral.The cars will reach speeds of more than 140 miles per hour on the half-mile oval. Drivers will be racing for more than $15,000 in prize money.
Admission is $12 for adults, $4 for children 12 and under, with a family pass for two adults and accompanying children only $32.
The track is located south of Provo in Centerville.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Draper police step in for Santa after home is...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9