The high-speed, offset supermodified race cars will make their only appearance in Utah this Saturday at Suntana Raceway.
The 7th annual Super Cup will begin at 6 p.m. with qualifying, followed by racing at 7 p.m. Track manager Jeff Nish said more than 25 drivers from Utah, Idaho, Colorado and California have entered. Among the top drivers are Kenny Hamilton, Rick Venstra, Byron Shafer and Riche Sheral.The cars will reach speeds of more than 140 miles per hour on the half-mile oval. Drivers will be racing for more than $15,000 in prize money.
Admission is $12 for adults, $4 for children 12 and under, with a family pass for two adults and accompanying children only $32.
The track is located south of Provo in Centerville.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12