"For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and melt in the sun? And what is it to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?"
Kurt William Munzert, 44, died June 24, 1997 in Salt Lake City, as a result of complications due to cancer.Born August 30, 1952 in Buffalo, New York to Dr. Alfred W. and Elaine A. Anthony Munzert. Dr. Munzert is the founder and chancellor of Hawthorne University, Salt Lake City. Married Donna Howard in Franklinville, New York. Member of the Catholic Church.
Survived by parents of Salt Lake City; wife and children, Stephanie, Nicholas and Angela, all Swansea, SC; Siblings, Karen Elskamp Lamoreaux (Rick), Salt Lake City; Kristie Newell (Dale), Buffalo, NY; Peter Elskamp (Kathy) Redmond, WA; Kim Munzert (Elizabeth), Ventura, CA; Kyle Munzert (Carol) Franklinville, NY; Kraig Munzert (Mary) Midvale; and Kent Munzert, West Jordan; 24 nieces and nephews; three great-nephews.
Memorial Mass will be celebrated Friday, 7 p.m., at St. Therese Catholic Church, 75 E. Lennox, Midvale. Funeral directors, Neil O'Donnell & Sons.
"Lord, You came down and called for him much sooner than we'd planned, Dear God forgive this grief and help us understand..."
T 6/26 N 6/27
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23