"For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and melt in the sun? And what is it to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?"
Kurt William Munzert, 44, died June 24, 1997 in Salt Lake City, as a result of complications due to cancer.Born August 30, 1952 in Buffalo, New York to Dr. Alfred W. and Elaine A. Anthony Munzert. Dr. Munzert is the founder and chancellor of Hawthorne University, Salt Lake City. Married Donna Howard in Franklinville, New York. Member of the Catholic Church.
Survived by parents of Salt Lake City; wife and children, Stephanie, Nicholas and Angela, all Swansea, SC; Siblings, Karen Elskamp Lamoreaux (Rick), Salt Lake City; Kristie Newell (Dale), Buffalo, NY; Peter Elskamp (Kathy) Redmond, WA; Kim Munzert (Elizabeth), Ventura, CA; Kyle Munzert (Carol) Franklinville, NY; Kraig Munzert (Mary) Midvale; and Kent Munzert, West Jordan; 24 nieces and nephews; three great-nephews.
Memorial Mass will be celebrated Friday, 7 p.m., at St. Therese Catholic Church, 75 E. Lennox, Midvale. Funeral directors, Neil O'Donnell & Sons.
"Lord, You came down and called for him much sooner than we'd planned, Dear God forgive this grief and help us understand..."
T 6/26 N 6/27
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Richard Norby released from hospital, returns...
- Man charged with assaulting former boss...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Skyline senior rides motorcycle through...
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees
- Cache Valley man who claimed top secret...
- Man hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Provo
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 112
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 14
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9