Frances Aveson Wiscomb, age 100, passed away Friday April 4, 1997 in Salt Lake City.
Born August 13, 1896 in Salt Lake City to Robert Fawcett and Ada Oldham Aveson. Lived on the avenues most of her life and attended Wasatch Elementary and Bryant. Married John E. Wiscomb May 31, 1916. Active member of the LDS Church. She worked in the Primary and Relief Society. A member of the Daughters of Utah Pioneers. She worked for the Paris Co., Boston Store and Z.C.M.I. Later she had a flower shop in her home on "N" Street.Survived by one daughter Marianne W. (Ray) Wilkerson, Salt Lake City. Three grandchildren, Lynn, Janice and Dean. 12 great-grandchildren and four great great-grandchildren. Preceded in death by her husband, Dec.16, 1977. Two brothers, Roland and Jack Aveson, Two sisters, Olive Mullett and Mary Ann Stratford.
Funeral services will be held Monday, April 7, 1997 at 11 a.m. at the Salt Lake 21st Ward, 2nd Ave. and "K" St. Friends and family may call from 10:30-11:00 a.m. the day of the service. Interment Salt Lake City Cemetery. Funeral Directors Larkin Mortuary.
T 4/6 N 4/6
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13