Frances Aveson Wiscomb, age 100, passed away Friday April 4, 1997 in Salt Lake City.
Born August 13, 1896 in Salt Lake City to Robert Fawcett and Ada Oldham Aveson. Lived on the avenues most of her life and attended Wasatch Elementary and Bryant. Married John E. Wiscomb May 31, 1916. Active member of the LDS Church. She worked in the Primary and Relief Society. A member of the Daughters of Utah Pioneers. She worked for the Paris Co., Boston Store and Z.C.M.I. Later she had a flower shop in her home on "N" Street.Survived by one daughter Marianne W. (Ray) Wilkerson, Salt Lake City. Three grandchildren, Lynn, Janice and Dean. 12 great-grandchildren and four great great-grandchildren. Preceded in death by her husband, Dec.16, 1977. Two brothers, Roland and Jack Aveson, Two sisters, Olive Mullett and Mary Ann Stratford.
Funeral services will be held Monday, April 7, 1997 at 11 a.m. at the Salt Lake 21st Ward, 2nd Ave. and "K" St. Friends and family may call from 10:30-11:00 a.m. the day of the service. Interment Salt Lake City Cemetery. Funeral Directors Larkin Mortuary.
T 4/6 N 4/6
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 129
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 13
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9