Frances Aveson Wiscomb, age 100, passed away Friday April 4, 1997 in Salt Lake City.
Born August 13, 1896 in Salt Lake City to Robert Fawcett and Ada Oldham Aveson. Lived on the avenues most of her life and attended Wasatch Elementary and Bryant. Married John E. Wiscomb May 31, 1916. Active member of the LDS Church. She worked in the Primary and Relief Society. A member of the Daughters of Utah Pioneers. She worked for the Paris Co., Boston Store and Z.C.M.I. Later she had a flower shop in her home on "N" Street.Survived by one daughter Marianne W. (Ray) Wilkerson, Salt Lake City. Three grandchildren, Lynn, Janice and Dean. 12 great-grandchildren and four great great-grandchildren. Preceded in death by her husband, Dec.16, 1977. Two brothers, Roland and Jack Aveson, Two sisters, Olive Mullett and Mary Ann Stratford.
Funeral services will be held Monday, April 7, 1997 at 11 a.m. at the Salt Lake 21st Ward, 2nd Ave. and "K" St. Friends and family may call from 10:30-11:00 a.m. the day of the service. Interment Salt Lake City Cemetery. Funeral Directors Larkin Mortuary.
T 4/6 N 4/6
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15