Hawaii will be included this year in the eighth international "Operation on Target," a Varsity Scout program July 16.
Using signaling mirrors, Varsity Scouts will climb mountain peaks and ride elevators in buildings to send messages to other Scouts, to families and other receivers in valleys and cities below.Excitement among youths builds during four signaling practice sessions before the July 16 activity, said Glannin A. Cloward, "Target" media chairman for the Lake Bonneville Council.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 37
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 27