Funeral services will be held at noon Friday for Clara Elizabeth W. McMaster, 92, a former member of the LDS Primary General Board for 14 years and a composer of a number of well-known Primary hymns.
Mrs. McMaster, who wrote the words and music to "Teach Me to Walk in the Light," "Reverently, Quietly" and "My Heavenly Father Loves Me," died Tuesday, March 18, 1997, in Salt Lake County.Services will be held at the Hillside Stake Center, 1400 S. 1900 East. Friends may call from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Larkin Mortuary, 260 E. South Temple, and from 10 to 10:45 a.m. Friday at the church. Burial will be in the Brig-ham City Cemetery.
Mrs. McMaster was born Oct. 30, 1904, to Joseph H. and Lydia H. Watkins in Beaver Dam, Box Elder County. She attended Utah State University. She married her high school sweetheart, J. Stuart Mc-Master, with whom she shared a long musical career.
She wrote a number of other hymns for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that were published in the "Children's Songbook," including "Kindness Begins with Me," "Choose the Right Way" and "Remember the Sabbath Day."
Mrs. McMaster was a member of the Tabernacle Choir for 23 years. For more than 60 years she and her husband sang duets for numerous funerals, missionary farewells and other church and community functions.
The couple was presented the Franklin S. Harris Fine Arts Award from Brigham Young University in 1978. Earlier, she accompanied her husband when he was called as president of the Kansas-Missouri Mission of the church. He died Sept. 25, 1992.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Family of drowned Weber County man hopes free...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 47
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 24
- Water levels in Great Salt Lake... 19