Funeral services will be held at noon Friday for Clara Elizabeth W. McMaster, 92, a former member of the LDS Primary General Board for 14 years and a composer of a number of well-known Primary hymns.
Mrs. McMaster, who wrote the words and music to "Teach Me to Walk in the Light," "Reverently, Quietly" and "My Heavenly Father Loves Me," died Tuesday, March 18, 1997, in Salt Lake County.Services will be held at the Hillside Stake Center, 1400 S. 1900 East. Friends may call from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Larkin Mortuary, 260 E. South Temple, and from 10 to 10:45 a.m. Friday at the church. Burial will be in the Brig-ham City Cemetery.
Mrs. McMaster was born Oct. 30, 1904, to Joseph H. and Lydia H. Watkins in Beaver Dam, Box Elder County. She attended Utah State University. She married her high school sweetheart, J. Stuart Mc-Master, with whom she shared a long musical career.
She wrote a number of other hymns for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that were published in the "Children's Songbook," including "Kindness Begins with Me," "Choose the Right Way" and "Remember the Sabbath Day."
Mrs. McMaster was a member of the Tabernacle Choir for 23 years. For more than 60 years she and her husband sang duets for numerous funerals, missionary farewells and other church and community functions.
The couple was presented the Franklin S. Harris Fine Arts Award from Brigham Young University in 1978. Earlier, she accompanied her husband when he was called as president of the Kansas-Missouri Mission of the church. He died Sept. 25, 1992.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7