Cecil LeGrand Anderson, our dear one passed away Feb. 19, 1997 at Orchard Park Care Center after a long illness.
Cecil was born in Orangeville, Utah, April 26, 1911, to Swain Anderson and Sabrina Augusta Oliphant Anderson. He married Ruth Stevenson December 21, 1934 in the Salt Lake Temple. A son was born to them in 1936, but passed away in infancy. Cecil lost his beloved wife Ruth in 1961.He was a very accomplished musician as was his wife, Ruth. They had a radio program in Boise in 1947 (KDSH). He and Ruth also contributed to the war effort during World War II working at the Ogden Arsenal. During his career, Cecil played at the Nohlgron's Restaurant and Hotel New House in Salt Lake. He also played at the Red Flame in Bountiful and had a regular program on KALL radio in Salt Lake. Everywhere he went he touched people's lives. Later on he was employed by the Murray B. Allen Center for the Blind in Salt Lake City for 15 years. He worked as a specialist repairing talking books for the blind.
Cecil lived with his sister, Kathryn Thompson Lee since 1985. They tenderly cared for each other until his death.
He was an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and has been a High Priest for some years. Cecil was a warm, uncomplaining, deeply spiritual person.
He is preceded in death by his sisters, Lois Bosch and Mabel Nelson; he is survived by his sister, Kathryn Thompson Lee and his three nieces, Judie McDermott, Marilyn Day and Mabel Nelson (daughter of Cecil's sister, Mabel).
Funeral services will be conducted Saturday, Feb. 22, 1997 at 1 p.m. at the Chapel of Geneva Heights 1st Ward, 590 No. 900 West, Orem, Utah. Friends may call 11:30 a.m. Sat. at the church. Interment will be in the Farmington City Cemetery, 500 So. 200 East, Farmington, Utah.
T 2/21 N 2/21
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Republican, Democratic political... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12