Cecil LeGrand Anderson, our dear one passed away Feb. 19, 1997 at Orchard Park Care Center after a long illness.
Cecil was born in Orangeville, Utah, April 26, 1911, to Swain Anderson and Sabrina Augusta Oliphant Anderson. He married Ruth Stevenson December 21, 1934 in the Salt Lake Temple. A son was born to them in 1936, but passed away in infancy. Cecil lost his beloved wife Ruth in 1961.He was a very accomplished musician as was his wife, Ruth. They had a radio program in Boise in 1947 (KDSH). He and Ruth also contributed to the war effort during World War II working at the Ogden Arsenal. During his career, Cecil played at the Nohlgron's Restaurant and Hotel New House in Salt Lake. He also played at the Red Flame in Bountiful and had a regular program on KALL radio in Salt Lake. Everywhere he went he touched people's lives. Later on he was employed by the Murray B. Allen Center for the Blind in Salt Lake City for 15 years. He worked as a specialist repairing talking books for the blind.
Cecil lived with his sister, Kathryn Thompson Lee since 1985. They tenderly cared for each other until his death.
He was an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and has been a High Priest for some years. Cecil was a warm, uncomplaining, deeply spiritual person.
He is preceded in death by his sisters, Lois Bosch and Mabel Nelson; he is survived by his sister, Kathryn Thompson Lee and his three nieces, Judie McDermott, Marilyn Day and Mabel Nelson (daughter of Cecil's sister, Mabel).
Funeral services will be conducted Saturday, Feb. 22, 1997 at 1 p.m. at the Chapel of Geneva Heights 1st Ward, 590 No. 900 West, Orem, Utah. Friends may call 11:30 a.m. Sat. at the church. Interment will be in the Farmington City Cemetery, 500 So. 200 East, Farmington, Utah.
T 2/21 N 2/21
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 97
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9