A woman told police she was raped on her wedding night by a hotel employee after her husband was escorted from the room.
The couple was married on Wednesday and after a reception at a local club, they and a few friends and family returned to a room at the Little America Hotel, 500 S. Main.Emotions got a little high and when a fight ensued, hotel security guards escorted the groom from the room, said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Don Bell. The rest of the party also left, leaving the bride alone.
The woman fell asleep, still in her wedding dress, and awoke about 6 a.m.
"There was a person in the room with her," Bell said. "She was very afraid and was concerned about what he was going to do."
He then raped the woman. When he left the room, the woman called 911.
The suspect, who is an employee at the hotel, has been interviewed by police detectives. Bell said officers hope to discuss possible charges with prosecutors early next week once the investigation is completed.
Little America's corporate attorney declined to comment on the case Friday.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23