A woman told police she was raped on her wedding night by a hotel employee after her husband was escorted from the room.
The couple was married on Wednesday and after a reception at a local club, they and a few friends and family returned to a room at the Little America Hotel, 500 S. Main.Emotions got a little high and when a fight ensued, hotel security guards escorted the groom from the room, said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Don Bell. The rest of the party also left, leaving the bride alone.
The woman fell asleep, still in her wedding dress, and awoke about 6 a.m.
"There was a person in the room with her," Bell said. "She was very afraid and was concerned about what he was going to do."
He then raped the woman. When he left the room, the woman called 911.
The suspect, who is an employee at the hotel, has been interviewed by police detectives. Bell said officers hope to discuss possible charges with prosecutors early next week once the investigation is completed.
Little America's corporate attorney declined to comment on the case Friday.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 17
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15