A woman told police she was raped on her wedding night by a hotel employee after her husband was escorted from the room.
The couple was married on Wednesday and after a reception at a local club, they and a few friends and family returned to a room at the Little America Hotel, 500 S. Main.Emotions got a little high and when a fight ensued, hotel security guards escorted the groom from the room, said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Don Bell. The rest of the party also left, leaving the bride alone.
The woman fell asleep, still in her wedding dress, and awoke about 6 a.m.
"There was a person in the room with her," Bell said. "She was very afraid and was concerned about what he was going to do."
He then raped the woman. When he left the room, the woman called 911.
The suspect, who is an employee at the hotel, has been interviewed by police detectives. Bell said officers hope to discuss possible charges with prosecutors early next week once the investigation is completed.
Little America's corporate attorney declined to comment on the case Friday.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Police: ICU evacuated after man barricades...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7