A woman told police she was raped on her wedding night by a hotel employee after her husband was escorted from the room.
The couple was married on Wednesday and after a reception at a local club, they and a few friends and family returned to a room at the Little America Hotel, 500 S. Main.Emotions got a little high and when a fight ensued, hotel security guards escorted the groom from the room, said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Don Bell. The rest of the party also left, leaving the bride alone.
The woman fell asleep, still in her wedding dress, and awoke about 6 a.m.
"There was a person in the room with her," Bell said. "She was very afraid and was concerned about what he was going to do."
He then raped the woman. When he left the room, the woman called 911.
The suspect, who is an employee at the hotel, has been interviewed by police detectives. Bell said officers hope to discuss possible charges with prosecutors early next week once the investigation is completed.
Little America's corporate attorney declined to comment on the case Friday.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12