A woman told police she was raped on her wedding night by a hotel employee after her husband was escorted from the room.
The couple was married on Wednesday and after a reception at a local club, they and a few friends and family returned to a room at the Little America Hotel, 500 S. Main.Emotions got a little high and when a fight ensued, hotel security guards escorted the groom from the room, said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Don Bell. The rest of the party also left, leaving the bride alone.
The woman fell asleep, still in her wedding dress, and awoke about 6 a.m.
"There was a person in the room with her," Bell said. "She was very afraid and was concerned about what he was going to do."
He then raped the woman. When he left the room, the woman called 911.
The suspect, who is an employee at the hotel, has been interviewed by police detectives. Bell said officers hope to discuss possible charges with prosecutors early next week once the investigation is completed.
Little America's corporate attorney declined to comment on the case Friday.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13