Elinza Saylor, 60, passed away peacefully on October 31, 1996, while surrounded by a loving family and holding the hand of his beloved wife of 23 years, Barbara.
Lyn was born December 7, 1935, in Wallins Creek, Kentucky, to Ben and Retha Saylor. As a veteran of the Air Force, Lyn studied electrical engineering at Georgia Tech University. While flying as Captain for Western Airlines, Lyn fell in love with Barbara Hyatt and they were married on April 26, 1973. Lyn transferred to Salt Lake City with Western Airlines in 1982, but soon retired from the industry after developing diabetes. Although his health continued to decline, the love for his wife and family continued to grow. He encouraged everyone to dedicate their lives to the search for truth and the meaning of life. He loved the light of knowledge and the beauty of true friendship.Lyn is survived by his sweetheart Barbara; children--Kelsey, Benjamin, Shannon, Shae, Tammy, Jeff, Ray, and Cassondra; nine grandchildren; and sister, Mardell.
Funeral services will be held Monday, November 4, 1996 at 12 noon at the Union 5th Ward on 1834 E Creek Rd. (7995 South). Friends may visit Sunday evening from 6-8 p.m. at Larkin Sunset Garden Mortuary, 10600 So. 1700 East, Sandy, and one hour before the funeral services at the Ward. Interment Larkin, Sunset Gardens.
T 11/2 N 11/3
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 79
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 28
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26