Elinza Saylor, 60, passed away peacefully on October 31, 1996, while surrounded by a loving family and holding the hand of his beloved wife of 23 years, Barbara.
Lyn was born December 7, 1935, in Wallins Creek, Kentucky, to Ben and Retha Saylor. As a veteran of the Air Force, Lyn studied electrical engineering at Georgia Tech University. While flying as Captain for Western Airlines, Lyn fell in love with Barbara Hyatt and they were married on April 26, 1973. Lyn transferred to Salt Lake City with Western Airlines in 1982, but soon retired from the industry after developing diabetes. Although his health continued to decline, the love for his wife and family continued to grow. He encouraged everyone to dedicate their lives to the search for truth and the meaning of life. He loved the light of knowledge and the beauty of true friendship.Lyn is survived by his sweetheart Barbara; children--Kelsey, Benjamin, Shannon, Shae, Tammy, Jeff, Ray, and Cassondra; nine grandchildren; and sister, Mardell.
Funeral services will be held Monday, November 4, 1996 at 12 noon at the Union 5th Ward on 1834 E Creek Rd. (7995 South). Friends may visit Sunday evening from 6-8 p.m. at Larkin Sunset Garden Mortuary, 10600 So. 1700 East, Sandy, and one hour before the funeral services at the Ward. Interment Larkin, Sunset Gardens.
T 11/2 N 11/3
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22