Elinza Saylor, 60, passed away peacefully on October 31, 1996, while surrounded by a loving family and holding the hand of his beloved wife of 23 years, Barbara.
Lyn was born December 7, 1935, in Wallins Creek, Kentucky, to Ben and Retha Saylor. As a veteran of the Air Force, Lyn studied electrical engineering at Georgia Tech University. While flying as Captain for Western Airlines, Lyn fell in love with Barbara Hyatt and they were married on April 26, 1973. Lyn transferred to Salt Lake City with Western Airlines in 1982, but soon retired from the industry after developing diabetes. Although his health continued to decline, the love for his wife and family continued to grow. He encouraged everyone to dedicate their lives to the search for truth and the meaning of life. He loved the light of knowledge and the beauty of true friendship.Lyn is survived by his sweetheart Barbara; children--Kelsey, Benjamin, Shannon, Shae, Tammy, Jeff, Ray, and Cassondra; nine grandchildren; and sister, Mardell.
Funeral services will be held Monday, November 4, 1996 at 12 noon at the Union 5th Ward on 1834 E Creek Rd. (7995 South). Friends may visit Sunday evening from 6-8 p.m. at Larkin Sunset Garden Mortuary, 10600 So. 1700 East, Sandy, and one hour before the funeral services at the Ward. Interment Larkin, Sunset Gardens.
T 11/2 N 11/3
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 18
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10