Alvis Ruth Hemmelwright Mason, died December 9, 1996 at Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Born August 19, 1913 in Duchesne, Utah to Joseph Ferdinand Hemmelwright and Henrietta Amelia Bishop Hemmelwright. Married William Mark Mason, November 28, 1928 in the Manti Temple. He died November 26, 1995. She raised her family in Central, Utah and was a nurse in Utah and Idaho.Preceded in death by her husband, Mark; brothers: Earl Ferdinand Hemmelwright, Glen Sherman Hemmelwright, George Harrison Hemmelwright, sister, Phoebe Nethelia Hemmelwright Quintana, son, Sherman G. Mason, grandson, Brent Mason.
Survivors includes sisters, Myrtle Vivian Hemmelwright Madsen, Orem; Phyllis Ann Mott Allred, Cleveland, Utah; children: Carla Mason Peterson, Twin Falls, Idaho; Kent M. Mason, Fredonia, Arizona; Lorene Mason Meacham, Monument, Colorado; Colleen Mason James, Challis, Idaho. She had five children; fourteen grandchildren; 28 great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren.
Graveside services will be held on Thursday, Dec. 12, at 1 p.m. in Aurora Cemetery. Friends may call to visit with the family Thursday morning from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Neal S. Magleby & Sons Mortuary, Richfield, Utah.
N 12/10 T 12/11
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 289
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 128
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 73
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35