Clayton Bassett Holm, age 71, passed away October 4, 1996, in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Born August 28, 1925, in Minneapolis, MN, the son of Carl and Frances Bassett Holm. Married Marie Wetherille in 1948 in Minneapolis, MN, later divorced; one daughter, Geraldine. Married Marie Nettie Oling on February 24, 1962, in Dallas Texas, one son Christopher.US Navy Veteran of World War II and the Korean conflict. He spent his working life as a radio news announcer and TV weatherman in Lander, WY; Durango, Colo.; Sioux Falls, SD, Dallas, TX, and Salt Lake City, Utah. Clate loved his antique cars and was a regular participant at the annual Concours de Elegance car show at the U of U.
Survived by wife, Marie, son, Christopher (Mary) Holm, Salt Lake City; daughter, Geraldine (Mike) Sheahan, Olympia, WA; brothers, Gerald (Jean) Holm, Shoreview, MN, Kenneth (Jeanne) Pospisil, Coon Rapids, MN; sister, Joan (Norman) Collins, Cape Coral, FL; three grandsons, Garrett Holm, Salt Lake City, Mike and John Sheahan, Olympia, WA.; and many nieces and nephews.
Clate, we love you and will miss you: now you are finally at peace.
Memorial services will be held on Monday Oct. 14, 1996, at 12 noon, at the Christ United Methodist Church, 2375 East 3300 South, where friends may greet the family from 11:30 until noon. In lieu of flowers the family suggests contributions be made to the American Lung Association. Interment: Utah Veterans Memorial Park. Funeral Directors: The Holbrook Funeral Chapel.
T 10/12 N 10/13
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Herriman man says his brain tumor felt like a...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 49
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 38
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 36
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 17
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9