Phyllis Mae Reynolds Truscott, 83, passed away on September 28, 1996 in Provo, Utah, surrounded by her daughters.
She was born December 22, 1912 in Mt. Pleasant, Utah. She was the daughter of Benjamin E. Reynolds and Mary Christina Hansen. After the death of her parents, she was raised by her grandmother, Anne Christia (Stena) Mortensen Hansen. Phyllis married Fern M. Truscott, August 13, 1930 in Manti, Utah and later was sealed in the Manti Temple. He died August 26, 1994.Phyllis loved her church and held many positions in her ward and stake and especially loved the Relief Society. She had a beautiful singing voice and enjoyed her years in the Singing Mothers Chorus. She was a member of the DUP and had a great ancestral heritage. She loved genealogy and family histories. She was a good gardener and a creator of many beautiful quilts and treasured handiwork.
She is survived by for daughters: Joanne (Duane) Peterson, Salt Lake; Peggy (Merrill) Madsen, Provo; Dawna Madsen, Taylorsville; Kathleen (Jay) Simpson, Weslaco, TX. She had 16 grandchildren and 37 great-grandchildren. Preceded in death by husband, parents and two sisters, Madge and Georgia, great-grandson Andrew and son-in-law, Bruce Madsen.
Funeral services will be held in Mt. Pleasant, LDS Third Ward Chapel at 11 a.m. on Thurs., Oct. 3, 1996. Friends may call at the church at 9:45-10:45 a.m. Burial Mt. Pleasant City Cemetery, under the director of Ursenbach Funeral Home.
The family wishes to extend gratitude for the loving care our mother was given by those who attended her at the Orem Care Center and UVRMC.
T 10/1 N 10/1
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Firefighter puts injured dog on shoulders,...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 48
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 43
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12