Phyllis Mae Reynolds Truscott, 83, passed away on September 28, 1996 in Provo, Utah, surrounded by her daughters.
She was born December 22, 1912 in Mt. Pleasant, Utah. She was the daughter of Benjamin E. Reynolds and Mary Christina Hansen. After the death of her parents, she was raised by her grandmother, Anne Christia (Stena) Mortensen Hansen. Phyllis married Fern M. Truscott, August 13, 1930 in Manti, Utah and later was sealed in the Manti Temple. He died August 26, 1994.Phyllis loved her church and held many positions in her ward and stake and especially loved the Relief Society. She had a beautiful singing voice and enjoyed her years in the Singing Mothers Chorus. She was a member of the DUP and had a great ancestral heritage. She loved genealogy and family histories. She was a good gardener and a creator of many beautiful quilts and treasured handiwork.
She is survived by for daughters: Joanne (Duane) Peterson, Salt Lake; Peggy (Merrill) Madsen, Provo; Dawna Madsen, Taylorsville; Kathleen (Jay) Simpson, Weslaco, TX. She had 16 grandchildren and 37 great-grandchildren. Preceded in death by husband, parents and two sisters, Madge and Georgia, great-grandson Andrew and son-in-law, Bruce Madsen.
Funeral services will be held in Mt. Pleasant, LDS Third Ward Chapel at 11 a.m. on Thurs., Oct. 3, 1996. Friends may call at the church at 9:45-10:45 a.m. Burial Mt. Pleasant City Cemetery, under the director of Ursenbach Funeral Home.
The family wishes to extend gratitude for the loving care our mother was given by those who attended her at the Orem Care Center and UVRMC.
T 10/1 N 10/1
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23