RECORDS: Texas A&M 2-0, 0-0, Utah 1-1, 0-0
OFFENSE: Brandon Warfield put on quite a show in his Texas homecoming. He rushed for 181 yards and three touchdowns on 36 carries. The Utes, however, fumbled the ball nine times (losing three). QB Brett Elliott completed 18-of-40 passes for 210 yards. GRADE: C-plus
DEFENSE: An uncharacteristic inconsistent performance included the surrendering of an 80-yard touchdown run in the first half. After giving up scores in half of A&M's first six possessions, Utah's defense tightened up and allowed the Aggies to convert on only 1-of-11 series down the stretch. GRADE: C-plus.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Missed opportunities proved costly. A 39-yard field goal attempt by Bryan Borreson was wide left. The Utes missed a PAT because of a bad snap, and Elliott was stopped short on a two-point conversion try with just eight seconds remaining. GRADE: C
NEXT UP: California at Utah, Thursday (5:45 p.m., ESPN)
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 82
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 62
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 27
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 20