RECORDS: Texas A&M 2-0, 0-0, Utah 1-1, 0-0
OFFENSE: Brandon Warfield put on quite a show in his Texas homecoming. He rushed for 181 yards and three touchdowns on 36 carries. The Utes, however, fumbled the ball nine times (losing three). QB Brett Elliott completed 18-of-40 passes for 210 yards. GRADE: C-plus
DEFENSE: An uncharacteristic inconsistent performance included the surrendering of an 80-yard touchdown run in the first half. After giving up scores in half of A&M's first six possessions, Utah's defense tightened up and allowed the Aggies to convert on only 1-of-11 series down the stretch. GRADE: C-plus.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Missed opportunities proved costly. A 39-yard field goal attempt by Bryan Borreson was wide left. The Utes missed a PAT because of a bad snap, and Elliott was stopped short on a two-point conversion try with just eight seconds remaining. GRADE: C
NEXT UP: California at Utah, Thursday (5:45 p.m., ESPN)
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20