Leland Mann Argyle died of natural causes July 8, 1996 at his home, at the age of 98.
Leland was born in West Bountiful, June 9, 1898, to Thomas H. and Lavinia Mann Argyle. He was the oldest living native of West Bountiful. He married Columbia Loveland in the Salt Lake LDS Temple, Aug. 19, 1925. They lived most of their married life in West Bountiful. They are parents of four daughters.Leland was a farmer during his early life, and was the Davis County Road Supervisor for 15 years. He worked for W.W. Gardner until he retired in 1971, working evenings to keep up on his farm work. He enjoyed farming and sharing his produce with family and friends. He was president of the Twin Star Riding Club and enjoyed buying and selling cattle. He served in the West Bountiful Ward bishopric for ten years, and has been involved in many other church activities.
He had a love for his family, hard work and a good joke. It was his pride and joy knowing that his family was doing well. Though small in stature, he was a giant among men.
We will miss him!
Leland is survived by his wife, Columbia; children, Karleen (Richard) Winegar, Bountiful; Doris Keith, Bountiful; LaVinia (Moreno) Robins, Provo; and Donna (Glenn) Wood, Farmington; 15 grandchildren; 59 great grandchildren; two great great-grandchildren; and a brother, Mark M. Argyle, Clearfield. Preceded in death by four sisters and three brothers.
Funeral services will be held Friday, July 12, 1996 at 11 a.m. at the West Bountiful Third Ward Chapel, 840 North 800 West. Friends may call Thursday evening, July 11, 1996 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Russon Brothers Bountiful Mortuary, 295 North Main and Friday from 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. at the church prior to the service. Interment will be in Bountiful City Cemetery.
We would like to give a special thanks to Dr. Okawa and the nurses and aides from Creekside Home Health Care, for their loving care.
T 7/10 N 7/10
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Utah is youngest state in country but growing...
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- America’s Most Followed Members of...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a...
- Fruit Heights to shut off water system...
- Kaysville to fete retiring city manager at...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Utah militia leader tried to blow up... 17