Leland Mann Argyle died of natural causes July 8, 1996 at his home, at the age of 98.
Leland was born in West Bountiful, June 9, 1898, to Thomas H. and Lavinia Mann Argyle. He was the oldest living native of West Bountiful. He married Columbia Loveland in the Salt Lake LDS Temple, Aug. 19, 1925. They lived most of their married life in West Bountiful. They are parents of four daughters.Leland was a farmer during his early life, and was the Davis County Road Supervisor for 15 years. He worked for W.W. Gardner until he retired in 1971, working evenings to keep up on his farm work. He enjoyed farming and sharing his produce with family and friends. He was president of the Twin Star Riding Club and enjoyed buying and selling cattle. He served in the West Bountiful Ward bishopric for ten years, and has been involved in many other church activities.
He had a love for his family, hard work and a good joke. It was his pride and joy knowing that his family was doing well. Though small in stature, he was a giant among men.
We will miss him!
Leland is survived by his wife, Columbia; children, Karleen (Richard) Winegar, Bountiful; Doris Keith, Bountiful; LaVinia (Moreno) Robins, Provo; and Donna (Glenn) Wood, Farmington; 15 grandchildren; 59 great grandchildren; two great great-grandchildren; and a brother, Mark M. Argyle, Clearfield. Preceded in death by four sisters and three brothers.
Funeral services will be held Friday, July 12, 1996 at 11 a.m. at the West Bountiful Third Ward Chapel, 840 North 800 West. Friends may call Thursday evening, July 11, 1996 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Russon Brothers Bountiful Mortuary, 295 North Main and Friday from 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. at the church prior to the service. Interment will be in Bountiful City Cemetery.
We would like to give a special thanks to Dr. Okawa and the nurses and aides from Creekside Home Health Care, for their loving care.
T 7/10 N 7/10
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Earthquake in eastern Nevada felt in St....
- Students wear green to honor 2 Hillcrest...
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15