Alice McCarthy Johnson, age 92, passed away, Monday, January 15, 1996 at her home.
She was born August 14, 1903 in Raymond, Alberta, Canada to Edward and Bertha Schneider McCarthy. She married Bernard A Johnson on July 29, 1930 in the Cardston, Alberta LDS Temple. She was an active member of the LDS Church, serving in many positions. She fulfilled a mission to Saskatchawan, Canada and in 1979-80, with her husband Bernard, fulfilled a mission to Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. She dedicated her life to her family and friends and was known as Grandma Johnson to everyone. She loved flowers and made them bloom.She is survived by her beloved husband; sons, John H. (Patricia), Merritt Island, Florida; Edward "Ted", Farmington; Bernard M (Evalyn), Roy; daughters, Alice Gay (Gaylen) Matheson, Cedar City; Bertha (Alan) McGee, Farmington; Anne J. Sellers, Bountiful; and a special daughter, Peggy (Joe) Chavez, Salt Lake City; daughters-in-law; Janice Johnson and Ann Steinman; 45 grandchildren, 102 great-grandchildren; sister, Byrde Hill, Twin Butte, Alberta, Canada; sister-in-law; Clara McCarthy, Cardston, Alberta, Canada. Preceded in death by sons, Bruce A and Gordon M. and a grandson, Dale B. McGee.
Funeral services will be Saturday, January 20, 1996 at 11 a.m. at the Farmington Rock Chapel, 272 North Main, Farmington. Friends may call Friday evening from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Russon Brothers Bountiful Mortuary, 295 North Main and Saturday from 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. prior to services. Interment, Farmington City Cememtery.
T 1/18 N 1/18
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 22