James Alton Balle, 87, died at hs daughter's home in Pleasant Grove, May 23, 1995.
He was born January 19, 1908, in Fremont, Utah, the oldest of three sons born to James Christian and Edith Martina Olsen Balle. He married LaVird Willardson, March 12, 1932, in Nephi. Their union was later solemnized in the Manti LDS Temple. She died November 15, 1978.Alton enjoyed all sports and excelled in many as a young man. He was able to complete his education at BYU by boxing professionally. His fans called him "Red" because of his red boxing trunks. After graduation, he returned to Wayne and Sevier counties to teach English and History. He later became the principal at Wayne High School in Bicknell. His true love was coaching his championship wrestling teams.
He was preceded in death by his daughter, Kaye Evelyn Balle; a brother, Reed Balle, a granddaughter and a great-grandson.
He is survived by three daughters, Colleen (Bill) Coombs, Orem; Byrleen Hansen, Pleasant Grove; and Elaine (Bill) Belcher, Logandale, Nevada; 11 grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren; and a brother, Boyd Balle, Glenwood, Utah.
Funeral services will be Friday at 2 p.m. at Fausett Mortuary in Price, 680 East 100 So., where friends may call one hour piror to services. Burial will be in the Price City Cemetery.
N 5/25 T 5/26
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 57
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17