James Alton Balle, 87, died at hs daughter's home in Pleasant Grove, May 23, 1995.
He was born January 19, 1908, in Fremont, Utah, the oldest of three sons born to James Christian and Edith Martina Olsen Balle. He married LaVird Willardson, March 12, 1932, in Nephi. Their union was later solemnized in the Manti LDS Temple. She died November 15, 1978.Alton enjoyed all sports and excelled in many as a young man. He was able to complete his education at BYU by boxing professionally. His fans called him "Red" because of his red boxing trunks. After graduation, he returned to Wayne and Sevier counties to teach English and History. He later became the principal at Wayne High School in Bicknell. His true love was coaching his championship wrestling teams.
He was preceded in death by his daughter, Kaye Evelyn Balle; a brother, Reed Balle, a granddaughter and a great-grandson.
He is survived by three daughters, Colleen (Bill) Coombs, Orem; Byrleen Hansen, Pleasant Grove; and Elaine (Bill) Belcher, Logandale, Nevada; 11 grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren; and a brother, Boyd Balle, Glenwood, Utah.
Funeral services will be Friday at 2 p.m. at Fausett Mortuary in Price, 680 East 100 So., where friends may call one hour piror to services. Burial will be in the Price City Cemetery.
N 5/25 T 5/26
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 40
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14