Ruth Huish Beecroft, age 93, beloved mother, grandmother, and friend, passed away Wednesday, November 22, at her son's home in Provo, of causes incident to age.
She was born January 18, 1902 in the Mormon colony of Morelos, Sonora, Mexico to Lorenzo Snow Huish and Annie Broadbent, one of nine children.Much religious persecution due to polygamy had pressured the family into colonization in Mexico. In 1912, the colony was forced to returned to Arizona for protection from Mexican revolutionary forces, where Ruth married another refugee, Irl Robert Beecroft, in the Salt Lake Temple in 1923.
In 1943, he was killed in an industrial accident, leaving her to rear nine children, Lenore, David, Mark, Robert, James, Sandra, William, Joseph, and Vivien. In 1948, she moved to Provo to facilitate their education at BYU and temple marriage. They all survive her and bless her name - they are her great achievement.
A devoted servant of the Lord, she held every available church position open to LDS women, many times. She graduated from BYU at age 56, served a mission to Florida at age 65, and served devotedly in the Provo Temple for 12 years. She gave all she had to church and family, a pillar of faith, integrity, and example.
Funeral services will be held at 12 noon, Tuesday, November 28, 1995, in the Provo 8th Ward LDS Chapel, 502 East 200 North. Viewing Monday evening from 6-8 p.m. at Berg Mortuary, 185 East Center, Provo, and at the chapel one hour prior to services. Interment, East Lawn Memorial Hills.
In lieu of flowers, Ruth would have preferred a donation to the LDS Missionary Fund.
T 11/25 N 11/25
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Photos: Thrill seekers take on stunt-filled 5K
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13