Ruth Huish Beecroft, age 93, beloved mother, grandmother, and friend, passed away Wednesday, November 22, at her son's home in Provo, of causes incident to age.
She was born January 18, 1902 in the Mormon colony of Morelos, Sonora, Mexico to Lorenzo Snow Huish and Annie Broadbent, one of nine children.Much religious persecution due to polygamy had pressured the family into colonization in Mexico. In 1912, the colony was forced to returned to Arizona for protection from Mexican revolutionary forces, where Ruth married another refugee, Irl Robert Beecroft, in the Salt Lake Temple in 1923.
In 1943, he was killed in an industrial accident, leaving her to rear nine children, Lenore, David, Mark, Robert, James, Sandra, William, Joseph, and Vivien. In 1948, she moved to Provo to facilitate their education at BYU and temple marriage. They all survive her and bless her name - they are her great achievement.
A devoted servant of the Lord, she held every available church position open to LDS women, many times. She graduated from BYU at age 56, served a mission to Florida at age 65, and served devotedly in the Provo Temple for 12 years. She gave all she had to church and family, a pillar of faith, integrity, and example.
Funeral services will be held at 12 noon, Tuesday, November 28, 1995, in the Provo 8th Ward LDS Chapel, 502 East 200 North. Viewing Monday evening from 6-8 p.m. at Berg Mortuary, 185 East Center, Provo, and at the chapel one hour prior to services. Interment, East Lawn Memorial Hills.
In lieu of flowers, Ruth would have preferred a donation to the LDS Missionary Fund.
T 11/25 N 11/25
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18